How can inflammation be beneficial
Bursitis: Irritated "buffers"
Bursae cushion pressure from bones, but they can self-ignite.
Bursitis: Causes & Treatment
As the name suggests, one bursitis is inflamed, sometimes even several. Bursae are located on heavily stressed parts of the body such as the joints and buffer the friction between muscles, bones and tendons. However, if they are overstrained, for example when exercising, they can swell and consequently hurt when they are pushed or moved. Bursitis is usually treated with anti-inflammatory drugs and immobilization of the affected joint.
How does bursitis develop?
Bursa have oneimportant buffer function: The small, fluid-filled sacs are near joints and cushion the pressure and friction between bones and soft tissue (such as tendons, muscles, or skin). Everyone has around 150 of them.1
The bursa can become inflameddifferent triggers to have. Possible causes are:
- Permanent stimulus and overload (for example, with tilers due to constant kneeling)
- Injuries (especially bruises)
- Infections caused by bacteria that get to the bursa through open wounds, for example
- Metabolic diseases such as gout
- inflammatory rheumatic diseases (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis)
Bursitis can also resultabnormal changes in the joints, for example with osteoarthritis (joint wear) or arthritis (joint inflammation).
Swelling and Co. - symptoms of bursitis
Typical of the inflammatory reaction in a bursitis are symptoms such as
- the reddening of the affected area,
- a warming of the body part,
- Pressure sensitivity,
- Swelling as well
- limited mobility and dysfunction of the affected joint.
If the bursitis is due to a bacterial infection, many patients also report aboutgeneral symptoms such as fever and chills. The shoulder, elbow, knee, hip, wrist and ankle joints are particularly often affected.
If the symptoms recur or last longer than three to six weeks, doctors speak of onechronic bursitis. Most affected are athletes and professional groups such as tilers or cleaning staff, who due to their professional activity often put pressure on certain bursa.
An advantage of a local application, for example with doc® Ibuprofen pain gel: The active ingredient can penetrate directly where the pain is - and thus reaches its destination without detours.
Who prefers toherbal creams want to set can, for example, doc® Use arnica, a pain cream based on a high-dose arnica flower tincture. The medicinal plant has been in use for centuries due to its decongestant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Shock wave therapy and antibiotics as additional treatment options
Another option for treating bursitis is a so-calledShock wave therapy.In this pain relief procedure, very high-energy sound waves generated by a special device are directed onto the painful areas. The sound waves cause vibrations there and destroy solid tissue components, for example calcium deposits, which can also be responsible for bursitis. The waves can be bundled so that they only reach the diseased area. Skin and muscles are not damaged. In addition, the shock waves promote blood circulation and thus also the cell metabolism in the affected tissue.
If the cause of bursitis is a bacterial infection, treatment is usually with itAntibiotics hip, trendy, popular.
Treatment of chronic bursitis
If all conservative measures to treat bursitis (i.e. immobilization, cooling and anti-inflammatory pain medication) show no improvement and the bursitis becomes chronic, the doctor can also do onephysical therapy recommend. The aim is to strengthen the muscles and relieve tension in order to reduce the pressure on the bursa.
If none of this helps, the last option is onepartial or complete surgical removal of the bursa. The tissue sacs filled with fluid can grow back and theoretically cause problems again.
doc® order now at your local pharmacy!
No walking for free - this is especially true when pain is associated with every step. Order doc® Ibuprofen pain gel, doc® Arnica or doc® Therma for collection and ensure guaranteed availability. In some cases, home delivery by the pharmacy is also possible.
- What makes you laugh uncontrollably?
- Which IIT has the sexiest girls
- Can I retire when I am 54?
- Who decides on the salaries of RBI employees
- Which zodiac sign is the most intuitive
- Is freedom in danger
- Who invented perfumes
- Regrets Jimmy Wales for not monetizing Wikipedia
- Athens is the best city in Greece
- Could Donald Trump fool a polygraph test
- Is Go Jek profitable
- What problems does Dallas TX face
- How hard is it to learn to dive
- Tech internships are difficult
- What does dewatering mean?
- What happened to Itachi Uchiha's left hand
- Where are the retired fighter planes going
- Trading can be profitable
- How did China gain independence from India
- Can Trump save Hong Kong from China
- Why is China making enemies?
- Are there weekend holidays at IIITDM Kancheepuram
- Which secret do you keep? Answer anonymously
- Does the white Caucasian race really exist?