Why is today's generation so lazy
Sociology: Why the "youth of today" are always the worst
They love luxury, annoy teachers and slouch around - more than 400 years before Christ, the Greek thinker Socrates allegedly had a lot to complain about in the young people of his time. "The younger ones put themselves on a par with the older ones and stand up against them, in word and deed," his student Plato then grumbled. And when Plato's pupil Aristotle was grown up, it looked even more gloomy: he despaired of the future of civilization, when he saw the youth, the exasperated philosopher was quoted as saying.
Criticism of youth is an ancient phenomenon. For thousands of years adults have criticized the younger generation, feared the decline of morals and, of course, were themselves much more decent than the young.
The youth have come down and the end of the world is near, is said to be on a 4,000-year-old stone tablet - in cuneiform, the first human script. But what is behind the phenomenon that young people are only too happy to be viewed critically?
Today it is often about the so-called millennials: The 1980s and 1990s are lazy, self-pitying, obsessed with selfies and superfoods - pampered narcissists who believe there are 165 types of gender identity, says a British journalist, for example. And the 29-year-old author Jia Tolentino listed in a US magazine which institutions her contemporaries are said to have ruined according to the media: hotels, department stores, the auto industry, marriage, homes, doorbells, fabric softeners and casinos.
Greeks, Romans, the Middle Ages, the modern age - there are always the same complaints and incantations. “Where did the male vigor and athletic appearance of our ancestors go?” Complained in 1772 an English magazine about the fashion of young men. "These effeminate, self-loving, emaciated fools can never be descended directly from our heroes."
- How is wealth created and not found
- Can you see yourself dreaming lucidly
- Which factors influence the real estate market
- Are Leaves Employee Rights
- Why is the teaching profession losing its luster?
- How are Filipinos treated in Saudi Arabia
- China is the next superpower in the world
- How to invest 250,000
- What is a PAYG service
- Should your first romantic relationship fail
- Why does England have so many accents
- What is the Chinese word for wheat
- Are the Nike Roshe Ones small
- Should I major in English?
- Managers should trust their employees
- What is expatriation
- How can people live in California
- What are Trump's impeachment thoughts
- What's wrong with Singapore's startup scene
- What gets better when you get old
- Who is someone who inspires you
- What do savings accounts usually offer?
- How is Hong Kong for business
- Is the odor transferable from urine
- Has anyone ever been to London
- Which are some FREE interracial dating sites
- How high are the taxes in the Scandinavian countries
- How do interest rates affect the Forex
- What is the most reliable pc laptop
- How can I be a responsible adult
- Tamil is a wrong language
- What are Frances big seaports
- Should Singapore extend the electoral terms