Offers Soros Fund Management internships
areas of expertise
- European Union
- European economic affairs
- International policy coordination
English, French, Portuguese
Shahin Vallée has headed the Geoeconomics program since autumn 2020. Before that he worked as a Senior Fellow at DGAPs Alfred von Oppenheim Center for European Future Issues.
Until June 2018, Vallée was Senior Economist for Soros Fund Management and personal advisor to George Soros, working on a wide range of political and economic issues. Prior to that, he was Emmanuel Macron's economic advisor at the French Ministry of Economy and Finance, where he dealt in particular with European economic affairs. From 2012 to 2014 he was economic advisor to the President of the European Council, Herman Van Rompuy. He has therefore been at the center of economic policy discussions in Europe since 2012 and works in particular on issues relating to the euro area and international policy coordination (IMF, G20). Prior to that, he was both a visiting fellow at Bruegel and an economist for a global investment bank in London. However, he began his career working for social investment vehicles and entrepreneurship in Africa.
Shahin Vallée holds a master's degree from Columbia University in New York, a public affairs degree from Sciences Po in Paris and a bachelor's degree in econometrics from the Sorbonne, and is currently doing a PhD in political economy from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He is fluent in French and English, has a conversational level in Portuguese and can read Spanish.
- How can we find international buyers
- Explain the Pavlovian conditioning reflex in simple terms
- What makes New Zealand a unitary state
- Little boys are afraid of big boys
- Which countries consume the most rice?
- Why should we speak English in school?
- Why do Indians migrate to Germany?
- Can I do CA after an MBA?
- The ancestors of the Japanese peoples were Mongolian
- Is it normal that I don't have bruises?
- Which doctoral degrees are always in demand
- What is the significance of the growth rate
- Why do people get tattoos
- Has anyone ever died of fasting
- Did you enjoy being a teenager?
- What does buggi mean in Punjabi
- What are the worst programming jobs
- Does it bother you to ride a bike in a typhoon?
- Why does Australia export so much meat
- Why do liberals hate modes so much
- How can you get hardware for free
- Why do dogs lick belly buttons
- Is Starbucks Matcha healthy?
- Can a civil servant study at Harvard