How do ethical hackers work
JOBLOG / MANPOWER
With ethical hacking, IT professionals put themselves in the role of a possible criminal hacker in order to look for security gaps in IT systems. Her role models are Robert Redford and Co. from the film “Sneakers - the silent ones”. Your opponents are, for example, the pro-Russian hacker group CyberBerkut. Among other things, the cyber criminals have confessed to the attacks on the NATO website. "Ethical" hackers use the same methods as their dodgy colleagues. But you do it on behalf of companies. Often without the knowledge of your own IT department. Good and bad hackers compete to see who can find the weak points in the network first.
Hoes for the "good guys"
Hackers are in demand as penetration testers. Mainly corporations, where attackers can cause great financial damage, rely on their services. These include banks and insurance companies, but also industrial companies and governments. When installing new software, companies often want to know whether it is secure against hacker attacks. A niche has formed here for a large number of IT security companies: They test, for example, whether you can get credit card data in online shops. Others check whether viruses or Trojans can be smuggled in to access company data. At the end, they provide the customer with a report with recommendations for action.
Fast action is required, especially in the case of security gaps, such as the Heartbleed program error. Cyber criminals who target infrastructures such as power grids or power plants are particularly threatening. Energy companies therefore work regularly with third-party companies. The specialists carry out detailed penetration tests. Such tests are often even required in the banking industry, and they are standard in the credit card business. Financial institutions also voluntarily test their e-banking solution several times a year.
Computer scientists have good career opportunities
Ethical hacking, also known as White-hat hacking, is a profession with a future. Many large ICT companies such as IBM and Telekom, as well as government agencies, employ entire teams of hackers. We are constantly looking for qualified young people. Cyber experts are trained at technical colleges or universities. Usually one studied computer science or mathematics. On this basis, a specialization as a penetration tester usually follows. The special hacking trade is taught either by universities or future employers through training courses and trainee positions. Suitable courses of study and job titles are available from the Federal Employment Agency. More information is available at Unicum.de and in the following Deutsche Welle video.
- You can distinguish chemicals by their smell
- At what age does sexual desire reach its peak
- Who killed Duryodhana in Mahabharata
- Palembang has a subway system
- How do you stop gangstalking
- Why are old people strict?
- What caused the great Chinese famine
- Why do people take any job
- What is the cheapest city in Switzerland
- What is the highest salary in DRDO
- What do Hogwarts students do on the weekend
- Why are dentists paid so much
- What is road construction
- Have any countries rejected the UN
- What goods are imported from Canada
- How do people manipulate language
- What is Gunther's last name
- Can London's housing crisis be solved?
- Can I make money by writing 1
- Why are speed brakes important
- What is public diplomacy
- Why is my family so dysfunctional
- Who is the Most Australian Australian Ever
- How does the human brain recognize beauty
- Why are you serious in your 20s
- Is it time for a political revolution?
- What does a mongoose eat
- What can AI do with unstructured information
- How powerful was the economy of the USSR
- Why was bluetooth not replaced
- What helps your life go right
- What do you like about Indian food
- Like people welfare
- How dangerous is Indianapolis