What is the best brand of kombucha
Make kombucha yourself and brands
If you shop a lot in organic markets and health food stores and are generally interested in special drinks, you know Kombucha perhaps. Kombucha is a fermented tea drink and comes from the Asian region. It tastes sweet and sour and has a cloudy brown color. In this article you will learn how healthy kombucha is, how it is made and which brands are available.
Table of Contents:
What is Kombucha?
Kombucha originally comes from China and has always been made with the original tea plantCamellia sinensis brewed. This tea plant is a camellia bush that loves the tropical climate. Kombucha is a fermented tea drink that is one of the most popular drinks in the world. It is made by a tea mushroom and consists mainly of tea, sugar, as well Bacteria and yeast cultures. Kombucha has been used in the Asian area drunk and is said to be very healthy. At the beginning of the 20th century, Kombucha was also known in Europe. There were also first research carried out according to the effects of the fermented tea drink and now you can even get kombucha in well-stocked pharmacies.
Originally, kombucha was just sweetened tea. Through the Manufacturing process and the fermentation only releases the special ingredients. It tingles slightly on the and tastes slightly sweet and sour. It also contains a slight carbonic acid. Classic becomes forhomemade kombuchaBlack or green tea is used, or a mixture of the two.
Is Kombucha Vegan?
Yes, Kombucha is vegan. You shouldn't be fooled by the lactic acid bacteria it contains, because they have nothing to do with animal milk. Of course, yeast is also vegan and all other ingredients are vegetable. So you can enjoy Kombucha with a clear conscience! Nevertheless, when buying, pay attention to organic quality and corresponding seals and symbols that confirm the high quality.
How healthy is kombucha?
As with many natural remedies the effect is not medically confirmed and there are no representative studies. However, its numerous ingredients have been studied and these are very healthy.
Kombucha, for example, is rich in B vitaminswhich is of course very beneficial, especially for vegans. The bacteria and yeasts arise naturally during fermentation, even Vitamin B12 is produced that is not present in purely vegan foods such as fruit and vegetables. But there are many more great properties and nutrients, because kombucha contains, depending on the preparation:
- Bitamine B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12
- Vitamins C, D, E and K.
- Folic acid
- Glucuronic acid
- Gluconic acid
- dextrorotatory lactic acid bacteria
- probiotic lactic acid bacteria
- different enzymes
Kombucha is an all-rounder and is rated as very healthy. The various probiotic ingredients are especially valuable for the intestines. They stimulate digestion and work anti-inflammatory and can possibly also reduce body weight! Kombucha works too antioxidant, blood sugar regulating and metabolism boosting. Kombucha is also said to lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease.
Danger: During fermentation, alcohol is produced as a by-product of the fermentation process. As a rule, Kombucha does not have more than approx. 0.5% alcohol. People who completely avoid alcohol consumption should find out more about the topic.
How is kombucha made?
To put it simply with the fermentation the original substances are converted into other ingredients by microorganisms.
Kombucha is the end product, which is made from the fermentation of sweetened green and black tea with the Kombucha mushroom (Scooby). SCOBY stands for Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast. The cultures convert the sugar in the tea and the drink thus ferments. In this case, Scooby is actually a symbiosis of yeast and bacteria. Through this Bacteria and by the yeast the original ingredients of the tea, as well as the sugar, become numerous organic acids and vitamins transformed.
Kombucha is very health-promoting. But did you know that the most important thing is whether the kombucha was heated or not? Because by heating (pasteurizing) all healthy, good bacteria and vitamins die, so that the kombucha no longer the full effect Has. You should therefore pay attention to the terms "raw" and "unpasteurized" when buying!
Can you make kombucha without sugar?
One thing is clear: the kombucha lives from sugar, because this alone allows the fermentation process to take place properly. But the decisive factor is not the sugar itself, but the sugar Carbohydrates. If you want your finished kombucha drink to contain as little sugar as possible, you should ferment for 10 days or more. But there are also a few Sugar alternativesthat you can use. Agave syrup, maple syrup, molasses or coconut blossom sugar could be the common household or raw sugar for your Kombucha replace. But remember that the Fermentation time then changed and the kombucha faster sour becomes. The taste can also change a bit. If you really do that Table sugar If you want to avoid, we recommend that you carefully understand the preparation Sugar alternatives to inform. You can find some methods online for fermenting your kombucha with sugar alternatives.
Is Kombucha Basic Or Sour?
The metabolism of kombucha can the acid-base balance affect the body positively. It has a pH value of approx. 3.5 and is therefore somewhere between cola and lemonade. Kombucha has a basic effect or is metabolized in a basic wayeven though he's pissed off himself.
There are a few ways to make kombucha at home. We'll now show you a great recipe. You can also find a few other methods of making your own kombucha online.
That youKombuchaferment yourselfyou need either oneKombucha starter kitor Batch liquid. The preparation liquid is always a ready-brewed kombucha in which the SCOBY stored in the refrigerator.
Tip: with the code Germany is vegan you get 10% discount for these three products in Online shop of Manu’s*:
Kombucha Scoby Set
Kombucha Scoby Starter
Kombucha Scoby Special (starter + 1 tea)
Some tips for your kombucha preparation:
- The use of the wrong containers can adulterate the end product. That's why you should always have one high quality glass vessel choose with sufficient capacity.
- Always cover your kombucha with a tea towel or kitchen paper and fix it with a rubber band. Make sure to look out for one hygienic environment!
- The Kombucha organism grows best using real tea leaves. Most use black tea. But you can also choose green tea, white tea, oolong or pu-erh.
- Kombucha should never be exposed to direct sun so that the fungus is not destroyed. Therefore, a dark and not too warm place.
- Use enough sugar so that the SCOBY can work and fermentation starts.
- Have patience with the fermentation, because only after 6-7 days the kombucha can acidify enough and form the natural ingredients.
- The optimal temperature is between 21 and 27 degrees Celsius.
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Fermentation time: 6-7 days or longer
- Difficulty level: medium
- Quantity:approx. 2 liters
- 2 liters of water
- 15 g black tea (bag or bulk)
- 180 g raw cane sugar
- Kombucha mushroom (SCOBY) with 100-200 ml batch liquid
- Boil the water and let it cool down to 80 degrees. Then stir in the tea and let it steep for 8 minutes. Then remove or strain the tea bags.
- Then stir in the sugar until it has dissolved. Now pour the tea into a clean preparation vessel and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Then add the SCOBY with the preparation liquid and stir.
- Cover the vessel with a cloth, secure with a rubber band, put in a warm place. Do not move the glass anymore. After about 6-7 days yourvegan kombucha try. It should taste sour fermented and still contain some residual sweetness.
Best Kombucha Brands
If you Buy kombucha we can recommend the following brands to you. When buying, be sure to pay attention to the following terms: alive, untreated and raw! When kombucha is pasteurized, the microorganisms die and the real ones Effect is lost.
ManuTeeFaktur is a Berlin Kombucha brewery. You will also find matcha and other types of tea there. The products contain exclusively vegan and organic ingredients and are also repasteurized. "Manu’s Home Brew" is the power drink with lively micro-organisms for your refreshingly good gut feeling and is available in the varieties "Matcha", "Mint", "Ginger" and "Pure". All ingredients come from 100% organic and sustainable cultivation. The products of the ManuTeeFaktur you can, for example, at Alnatura or on-line in the Shop to buy.
At Kombuchery from Berlin, you can get vegan organic kombucha. This is made with selected ingredients and different varieties South China sencha green teas and Indian FOP black teas brewed. So far, the flavors “Raw original”, “Raw ginger”, “Raw blueberry” and “Raw currant” have been available, but the company is continuously researching further flavor variations. Here, too, the products are a matter of course unpasteurized and therefore have a positive effect on health. Kombuchery is involved in the social field and donates 5% of the income per bottle sold to Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli e.V. ”. In the blog you will also find interesting articles on topics such as Fermentation, gut health and Co. You can buy Kombuchery products either in the online shop or in a store near you.
The Berlin company fairment * stands for “fair” and “fermentation” and sells repasteurized kombucha varieties, as well as other fermented products like kefir or yogurt. You can buy Kombucha there in the flavors "Classic", "Ginger", "Raspberry-Hibiscus" and Lemongrass ". Fairment also offers several Kits and various equipment to make kombucha, kefir, sourdough or yoghurt yourself. All products are organic certified and also Fairment is committed to social issues.
Tip: With the code deutschlandistvegan10 you get a 10% discount on the entire range in the Online shop of fairment*.
Carpe Diem is one of the most famous brands of kombucha. You can buy this from dm or Amazon, for example. The delicious varieties "Classic", "Quince", "Cranberry" and "Lemon-Ginger" are either in the 500ml PET bottle as a spritzer and as 750ml PET bottle available pure. All Carpe Diem drinks are vegan, gluten and lactose free. The ingredients are 100% natural and the drinks are only sweetened with Beet sugar. The Kombucha from Carpe Diem is gently warmed up (pasteurized), which among other things ensures an alcohol content of max. 0.5% by volume.
The small Kombucha Brewery Kombru comes from Hamburg and uses organic ingredients for their Kombucha, all of which are vegan and gluten-free. The living bacteria and organisms are preserved as the products repasteurized are. Kombru sells Kombucha in the flavors "fig-lime" and "lemon-ginger". In addition, Kombru only contains 4.4g of sugar per 100ml.
RHO Kombucha also comes from Hamburg and is available in three delicious flavors: "Original", "Hibiscus-Pink Pepper" and "Ginger-Lime". The ingredients used are exclusive organic and vegan and of course the kombucha is too repasteurized. The company fills the Kombucha bottles by hand. You can buy them from selected retailers and in the online shop. In addition, the company is committed to social issues and values one traditional kombucha production.
If you got a taste for fermentation, ours would beVegan Kimchi Rescep orVegan camembertsomething for you too.
Tip: live vegan andvegan shoppingis getting easier. We regularly provide you with recipes and our favorite products as wellvegan brands andOnline shops before - fromvegan cosmeticsabovevegan fashion to greatvegan foods, Superfoods, and kitchen gadgets. in thevegan online shop do you findvegan brands and also start-ups that are worth supporting. Here is theShop. We hope you enjoy discovering and enjoying!
You might be interested in that too
Advertisement because this article partly contains affiliate links or was created in cooperation with a partner. With your purchase you actively support the work of Deutschlandistvegan. We thank you!
- Delhi is safe for everyone at night
- Why does walking make my sciatica worse
- How to buy the Honda Jazz
- Do temporary prostheses look strange at first
- What is life without health
- Have you been beaten up by a babysitter?
- Why is it illegal to destroy money?
- What is Airisu ICO
- Has a girl ever farted on you
- Which countries forbid Christianity
- Why do I like to sleep naked?
- Why should we have a drink while standing?
- How was the food in Victorian times
- Why are clothes cheaper in the US
- What are some traditional Russian foods
- Which foods are good for the sex drive?
- Have you fought in life
- India has 100 employees
- What are some unemployment hacks
- Is it worth joining AmeriCorps
- What is the Maharashtra government today
- Software recruiting is broken
- Singapore has the best math education
- What was your worst outdoor cooking experience
- Who owns the money in the central banks
- Will oil shale ever be commercially viable?
- What is your favorite snack
- Is a medical diagnosis wrong
- Why is Greece better than Italy
- Tuition is required to clear actuarial papers
- How do you deal with disabled people
- Would make your life an interesting book
- There are prominent Papuans in Indonesia
- Who is from Greece