What is the most popular genre of music today
The most popular genres of music
What kind of music do you prefer to listen to? We asked 1,024 Austrians over the age of 15 that.
In the music industry, so-called mainstream genres are often spoken of, genres that meet the musical tastes of the general public. On the other hand, there are genres that address a subgroup, a subculture and have a correspondingly smaller group of followers.
The representative Spectra study shows that there are genres of music that reach many people, but the age split shows that practically no genre can excite all age groups equally. So the question arises as to whether the term mainstream genre is still applicable if certain age groups are hardly represented in the respective fan circles. The differences between the sexes are not quite as blatant, but some styles of music can be assigned to a more female or male audience.
Overall lead Schlager and folk music the list of most popular genres of musicAustria at. Led by stars of the scene such as Helene Fischer and Andreas Gabalier, the genre, which some have already declared dead, has celebrated a remarkable revival in recent years that continues to this day. They are also very popular Oldies and evergreens, international / English-speaking pop as Austro Pop.
The gender split shows that hits and folk music, oldies and evergreens as well as classical music and operas have an increasingly female audience, while guitar music (whether rock, alternative, rock n 'roll, hard rock or heavy metal), hip hop and also electronic music more likely to please men.
If you only look at those under 30, pop is by far the most popular music genre. This is followed by Hip Hop / Rap / R’n’B and electronic music. Only one in ten is enthusiastic about hits and folk music here.
Pop also dominates among the 30-49 year olds. The Austrian version of this style, Austro Pop, is of particular importance in this group. Schlager and oldies as well as rock and hard rock are also relatively popular.
Ultimately, the 50+ generation is responsible for the dominance of pop hits. Almost 7 out of 10 people in this group prefer to listen to hits and folk music. Oldies and evergreens are also very popular. Austro Pop is still quite popular until around 65 years of age. Classical music especially delights people over 65 years of age.
|Sample:||n = 1,024 people, representative of the Austrian population aged 15 and over|
|Methodology:||Quota procedure, personal interviews (face-to-face CAPI)|
|Field time:||April 2018|
|The maximum margin of error for 1,000 respondents is +/- 3.16%.|
- How much money did Chandler Bing make
- What the devil can cry can mean
- What advertising uses subliminal messages
- How do you discuss a script
- What is a work permit visa
- Which words do people use the most?
- Did the MeToo movement ruin America
- Name 10 secrets of success
- Is microwave food safe
- Have you ever had amazing sex?
- What if something bad happened
- Should you accept a waiting list
- Santa Claus is omniscient
- Is Poland a third world country
- Why do I feel awake after masturbation?
- What is a good breakup gift
- The Dutch immigration policy was an advantage
- How do I protect confidential business information
- Do other people smell meth on me?
- Trust Jimmy Wales with Wikipedia articles
- Henry VIII was the strongest Tudor monarch
- What is the strongest type of wood
- What are some popular Japanese haircuts
- What's the youngest you would go out with?
- What is your favorite German dish?
- How is the music industry expanding music
- Why are there so many programming languages
- How are cinemas built
- Can dogs eat meatballs?
- Why do Americans like to eat chicken?
- Trust India Pakistan
- What is the harassment of men
- Can you marry a child
- Can you see yourself dreaming lucidly