How do you become an office clerk
Office clerk: you manage the office jungle!
Around 3.5 million office clerks work in Germany. Although the apprenticeship has been adapted to the new job description of a clerk for office management since 2014, most of them are still familiar with the job title of office clerk. Office clerks take on many commercial tasks, e.g. in areas such as personnel management, invoice processing or bookkeeping. you will be required in all industries, therefore you do not have to concentrate on a certain branch of the economy in your training, but get to know many different administrative departments. These many job opportunities offer you for your further professional path lots of practical experience and good future prospects.
Table of Contents
- Training process and areas of responsibility
- Career entry
- Salary and day-to-day work
- Advanced training
Checklist: Does the job of office clerk suit me?
- You're a Organizational talent, because you always have everything under control in the office.
- You are both internal and external Mediator and contact person your company.
- Numbers and dates are your daily companions.
- You master Excel, Word and Co. with your left hand.
- To yours Soft skills belongs to the German language spoken and written.
- You feel at home at your desk.
- Regular working days are a must for you.
The training process and areas of responsibility
For the Training as an office clerk no formal school qualification has to be proven, but in practice a middle school qualification (Realschule) has proven itself. When selecting potential trainees, trainers mainly pay attention to the grades in subjects such as German, math and English, as these provide you with a good basis for your training. Your training usually lasts three years. Here, too, as in many other apprenticeships, it is possible to Shorten the training period through particularly good grades or vocational or school-based training. In the vocational school, you will mainly be taught theoretical basics, e.g. economics or accounting. General subjects such as German and math are also deepened here. In the practice you will get to know different areas of administration and find out which area suits you best for your further career path. An example would be the HR department, where you are responsible for incoming applications and personal data. The process of your apprenticeship has changed slightly due to the renaming as a clerk for office management: You can choose up to ten elective qualifications (each lasting five months), which are contractually stipulated at the beginning of your training. In these you can be examined after your training and thus secure an additional certificate. It is particularly popular to spend part of the training abroad e.g. in England or in the USA. Here's the bonus that you get yours right away Language skillsrefresh and improve. You will also learn intercultural competence during a stay abroad and be able to interact with people from different cultural backgrounds. This is an important oneSoft skillfor the job.
Your areas of responsibility include, among other things, modern bookkeeping, the processing of statistics and the processing of texts and letters. You are also responsible for correspondence in the company and serve as a Contact person and mediator for all important matters. With different software programs, mainly Office applications, you take care of Order and diligence. You simply keep track of all areas.
Starting your career as an office clerk
As in many apprenticeships, there are the possibility of being taken over by your training company. However, you can also contact another company or directly the Branchswitch. Here you should put your tendency to order and care in the foreground and not hold back with your computer skills. As with all applications, the first impression counts and you can score points directly with the skills you have acquired.
After this successful completion of your training you naturally ask yourself the one important question: What do I actually earn in this job? This is not so easy to answer for the job of an office clerk. As a rule, office clerks do not have a uniform salary, rather they are directed wages according to the industry in which you will later work. It also plays a major role how demanding and responsible the areas of responsibility are. Here, too, a great deal of leeway is possible. As office clerks in many areas andIndustry sectorsare needed, there are in this regard big differences.
Salary and day-to-day work
The differences in salaries, depending on the industry, also begin in training. In your first year of training as an office clerk you can earn between 510 and 800 euros gross per month, in the third year it is up to 940 euros gross per month. For example, if you are completing your training in industry, your salary will be more oriented towards the possible upper limit, and in the craft sector more towards the lower limit. If you have successfully completed your training, you can earn between 1,600 and 2,500 euros gross per month.
Regarding the Working hours is often the flexitime model offered, so you can decide for yourself when you want to start your day in the office. Your day can be more flexible and, if necessary, you can start the evening earlier. Regular working days you are safe with it.
Many training opportunities
If you haven't had enough after completing your apprenticeship, allow yourself a Education in the economic sector (dual or job-integrated) Distance learning in business administration or further training to become a specialist or business economist and further up the career ladder. Alternatively, there is also a further education possible to become an accountant, after successful completion you can earn up to 3000 euros gross per month. These further professional qualifications will of course also be welcomed and supported by your employer.
- When does married life get boring?
- What makes a person never grow up
- How boring is your day
- Play Girls Clash of Clans
- What's going on in a pet daycare
- I deserve to be loved
- Why are eggs considered vegetarian
- Which companies are leaders in sustainable technology
- What caused the great Chinese famine
- When did the Anglo-Saxon identity die out?
- What is the fairest economic system
- Is mayonnaise the most polarizing condiment
- What is the generation after Z.
- How much Cersei loved Tyrion
- Use 2019 flash drives
- What are skeletal muscles
- How does Romanian sound to Americans
- What gets better when you get old
- Gay guys like big cocks
- Who is the sexiest woman living today
- What does business consulting consist of
- Can you suggest an iPhone 11 case
- Why do we learn history
- Which occupation is most enjoyable for others?
- There are absolute things
- Why don't people like ENTP women
- How were the monkeys of our ancestors
- Did you have sex with your classmate
- How do you see economic growth in 2020
- What are the uses of Leaf Vegetables
- Why do my ears keep ringing
- Is 22 years old
- What are the physical characteristics of Mexicans
- Why don't some people like to shower?