Why is cutlery made of stainless steel
For cutlery, choose Cromargan® or stainless steel
Cromargan® is a chrome-nickel steel
Most cutlery is made from two stainless steel alloys:
- Chrome steel 18/0 with 18 percent chrome
- Chrome / nickel steel 18/10 with 18 and ten percent chrome and nickel
Nickel makes cutlery dishwasher safe and more resistant to mechanical scratching. Cromargan® is one of the 18/10 steels. The term Cromargan® is the trade name of the manufacturer WMF®, comparable to the name Nirosta for stainless steel, which goes back to the steel manufacturer ThyssenKrupp. The made-up word Cromargan® is made up of the terms chrome and argan, the Latin name for silver. However, there is no silver in the alloy.
Great wealth of experience at Cromargan®
The reliability of the manufacturing material at WMF® and therefore Cromargan® is interesting for the purchase decision. The manufacturer always uses the same steel alloys and delivers consistent quality. In terms of its initial quality, however, Cromargan® is comparable to all other 18/10 steels.
An important property of a cutlery is whether it is a monobloc or a hollow staple cutlery. With the monoblock, the knives, forks and spoons consist of a metal body. The knife blade and, on some models, the fork and spoon shafts are inserted into the handle with a hollow handle.
When manufacturing monoblock cutlery, the manufacturer has to weigh up the malleability of handles, for example, and sufficient hardness of the blade. With Cromargan® WMF® has found a good mixture that some other cutlery does not have, even if they are made of the same steel alloy.
Make a purchase decision
Every consumer has to weigh how much of the purchase price is due to brand name and tradition. With hollow staple cutlery from other manufacturers, you should pay attention to whether, for example, the knife blades are made of different steel than the handles.
- Little boys can get hot girls
- Why is the word negro considered offensive?
- Can we transfer money through Amazon
- Which three foods do you love the most?
- What helps you through a depressive episode
- What is an example of an analogy
- Can I refuse to pay income tax?
- What does Belgium export
- How can I get paid jobs online
- Is skin color important for Indian girls
- Can all people be rich in capitalism?
- Do older women really love younger men
- Who is Major General G D Bakshi
- What if my passport application is rejected
- Which countries sell citizenship
- Which countries want to join ASEAN
- Will the blood aristocracy be revived in Russia?
- What is the basis of Chinese cuisine
- What are the best Japanese vegan foods
- What goes well with an omelette
- How do you compensate your employees
- What scares the rich the most
- Can be bad somehow good
- Why are Trump supporters attacked