How do lemons affect the skin?
Lose weight and better skin thanks to lemon water
To cool down on hot days or to get your circulation going in the morning: Lemon water is known as a healthy, light refreshment and as a thirst quencher.
The drink can also help you lose weight and improve the skin - a real all-round talent.
Lemon water is good for the digestive tract
Immediately in the morning after getting up, a glass of lukewarm lemon water stimulates digestion, so that you not only start the day refreshed, but also get your metabolism going.
Lemons are an alkaline food, although their pH value is acidic due to the vitamin C and ascorbic acid they contain.
In the body, however, the fruit acids are broken down quickly. According to this, alkaline substances predominate, such as the minerals potassium and magnesium - this is why the lemon is called base-forming.
The lemon water thus helps to protect the body from over-acidification - this makes you more vital, more alert and healthier.
The dietary fiber pectin is also contained in abundance. In combination with the body's own juices, this is extremely beneficial for digestion. This makes lemon water an effective remedy for constipation, but also helps against diarrhea.
The antibacterial effect of lemon water also benefits the intestines - the formation of undesirable bacteria is prevented.
Lemon water stops cravings
The saying "sour makes fun" is actually true with lemons. The high vitamin C content ensures that the body releases hormones such as serotonin and norepinephrine.
They put you in a good mood and also promote the breakdown of fatty acids and fatty tissue - fatty foods can be digested better. The dehydrating potassium also declares war on the pounds.
Another plus point for the figure: If you drink warm lemon water regularly, this reduces the desire for sweets. In addition to pectin, this is due to the sour to bitter taste of the fruit.
Top models like Josephine Skriver and Jasmine Tookes also swear by lemon water.
Radiantly beautiful skin thanks to lemon water
But the skin also benefits from the refreshing drink. Lemons help the body to produce collagen because they contain a lot of vitamin C. The collagen makes the skin elastic and makes it look youthful and firm.
In addition to the elasticity, the detoxifying effect of the citrus water also ensures a healthy glow that makes the skin shine. Skin blemishes and even acne can also be reduced in this way.
As a carrier of antioxidants, lemons also support the body in protecting cells. Free radicals, which can negatively affect the skin, are trapped and rendered harmless by the antioxidants in lemon water.
Drinking it regularly, lemon water supports skin care considerably and signs of aging (e.g. age spots and wrinkles) are reduced.
Lemon water as a morning routine
If you want to benefit from lemon water, you should simply mix half a lemon with a glass of warm water every morning before breakfast and enjoy. This boosts the metabolism enormously and makes you just as awake as coffee.
Tip: If the lemon water is too acidic, you can sweeten it with a little agave syrup.
Lemon water is also an ideal alternative on hot days: It supplies new supplies of precisely those vital substances that are particularly important in the heat. It is also a welcome change from still water.
- How Parents Can Prevent Teenage Pregnancy
- How did medieval bards get their poems?
- What would happen in a mixed marriage
- What is your definition of risk
- Is it racist to criticize Obama?
- How do you know your last name?
- Why do Saenger join the Illuminati
- Introverts are boring people
- Would cross dressing be accepted at Disney World
- Why is my Omegle webcam not working
- Are there anonymous bank accounts
- What are IT companies doing
- What is the worst hotel in Mallorca
- What's your least favorite Pokemon
- The best way to sell a home online
- How do monkey brains taste
- Will Jaqen H ghar kill the waif
- Can you get pregnant from before you cum
- Paramedics make good money
- What's so nice about Paris
- Why are Lebanese identified as Arabs
- Which is the best bulk SMS reseller
- How can we be a BIM specialist
- Why is China so against foreign business