When are babies born in the womb?
Development of the embryo: pictures and videos
In the beginning it's just a small lump, a few cells, nothing more. In the first month the fascinating development of the small brain and the spinal cord takes place. The child develops step by step in the womb - we take you on a journey where you can follow the sensational developments picture by picture.
Fascinating detailed photos of the development in the womb
Film series: look into the stomach
In our film series we take you into the fascinating world of the unborn child. In the first episode, see how the little seedling fared in the womb during the first eight weeks.
Here you will find all parts of the film series "A Glimpse in the Belly"
This overview shows how the baby develops in the individual thirds of pregnancy.
By the seventh day, the embryo, which now comprises around 100 cells, is implanted in the uterus. A few days later: test positive!
The embryo has the shape of a C. Eyes and ears, arms and legs are laid out.
Initially, male and female fetuses share the same sex organs. Only now do testicles or ovaries differentiate.
The first fine, soft hairs grow; the fingernails also emerge.
The heart regularly beats at 140 to 150 beats per minute - twice as fast as an adult.
The baby becomes active: it sucks its thumb, swallows amniotic fluid and pees.
Although the baby has been doing gymnastics like a little acrobat for a long time, his movements are only now so strong that the mother can feel them.
The baby will open its eyes regularly from now on. But even if the tummy was light enough, the baby could not see yet.
With around 600 grams, the baby could already survive outside - with medical help.
The skeleton is completely present, but not yet connected at the joints.
Gaining fat is now the most important task. Because all organs are already working, the baby can "concentrate" on growth.
The third trimester
The eyes are sensitive to light. But babies only learn the ability to perceive shapes and colors after birth.
The unborn baby cuddles up to the arch when mom puts a hand on her stomach.
The baby is dozing or sleeping 95 percent of the day. Is it dreaming too? Quite possible, because REM sleep (the dream phase) already exists in the womb.
The fingernails have grown beyond the fingertips. The baby has a firm grip.
The baby takes a position: the head lowers towards the pelvis. Eternal puzzle: most babies lean toward their mother's right side.
The cheese smear on the skin has shifted so that only the back is covered.
Very few babies are born on the calculated date. Anything is possible up to two weeks before and after.
- Why do I like to feel emotionally hurt
- What does computer consulting mean in TCS
- Jeffrey Epstein is a mafia
- Who do people donate to televangelists
- Which is high density
- What is a husband and a wife
- The world is led by Rothschild Rockefeller
- What is road construction
- What prevents rotten teeth
- Who is at risk for cardiac arrest
- How do savings bonds work
- What do the Japanese think of Korea?
- Why do cats bite?
- Do people CA after the MBA
- The potential computing power is exponential
- What are the generations of processors
- What is the average cost of veneers
- Men should always wear underwear
- Is coding available in SEO
- Why do the Scots say Ken
- How old is Australia as a country
- May girls like the taste of pussy
- Have you ever stapled your hands
- What is the speed limit in Germany
- Is the Palestinian Authority a real government?
- How do 99 cent stores make money
- Why are they called the Miranda Rights
- When were sheep first domesticated?
- Why do children talk to themselves
- Why do Brazilians love sex so much
- Should I visit Cartagena de Indias Colombia
- Anime is worth watching
- What do Swiss Italians think of Italians
- What can employees do