Is Sony bigger than Disney?
Disney buys bulk of 21st Century Fox: you need to know that
What exactly has Disney bought now?
$ 52.4 billion in stocks was due for the deal. Following the announcement, prices of both Disney (up 2.62 percent to $ 110.46) and 21st Century Fox (up 4.31 percent to $ 34.15) were up. Disney has taken over the majority of 21st Century Fox. 21st Century emerged from the split and renaming of News Corp., founded in 1979, one of the world's largest media conglomerates. Founder of News Corp. was Rupert Mordoch.
But why is it actually called the 21st Century Fox, when you probably have the 20th Century Fox logo in mind? The film production company is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox and is one of the six largest film companies in the United States. And that's one point that made the deal so tempting for Disney. After all, that's how from movies like X-Men, planet of monkeys and Avatar the speech.
In addition to the Filmed Entertainment division, which includes 20th Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and 20th Century Fox Animation, Disney has also secured the Pay-TV divisions and the international activities of the cable network such as National Geographics. The deal does not include the Fox News Channel and its siblings.
Large. And bigger
Six companies belong to the so-called major studios in the USA: Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group, Warner Bros. Entertainment, 20th Century Fox, Universal Studios, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Paramount Pictures. According to Forbes, 20th Century Fox has a market share of around 13 percent. Disney productions made up a quarter of all films last year. Disney now holds a presumed market share of between thirty and fifty percent. The rest of the market will then be shared by Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures, Universal Pictures and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
We weren't part of the negotiations, but let's throw out the word Netflix. Disney has already caused unrest in the streaming business with the announcement of its own streaming service. After all, this service should then be priced lower than the monthly fee for Netflix. Disney has already opened fire on such services. Currently, Netflix still has the various Marvel series against it.
Disney CEO Bob Iger has since confirmed thatDeadpool, Fantastic Four and X-Men Become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Furthermore, the company now has the rights to films such as Avatar and planet of monkeys. James Cameron is currently working on three more parts of Avatar - the theatrical release of Avatar 4 is currently planned for the year 2024.
Disney also has series likeAmerican horror story, Fargo or also the Simpsons brought into the house. And with the transition of another thirty percent, Disney now holds the majority of the video portal Hulu with a total of sixty percent.
This is how the network reacted
James Gunn, director of among others Guardians of the Galaxy, was happy that his "old friends" are now "at home" again:
While there are many aspects to Disney’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox’s assets, I am personally incredibly happy about it, for obvious reason.- James Gunn (@JamesGunn) December 14, 2017
Welcome home, old friends. https://t.co/MpQHEnOTVL
And Ryan Reynolds, who starred in Deadpool, came up with his own way when the first rumors of the Disney-21st Century Fox negotiations surfaced:
Time to uncork that explosive sexual tension between Deadpool and Mickey Mouse. https://t.co/iUEXofWpRu- Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) December 6, 2017
And then commented on the deal that had come about:
Apparently you can't actually blow the Matterhorn. pic.twitter.com/2bEAAcZrUv- Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) December 14, 2017
Disney has so far only been vague about how to like with R-rated films Deadpool proceeded: As long as you let the audience know in advance what to expect in the films, there would be a Marvel division with R-rated films.
We will of course keep up to date with all further developments!
- What makes Indian engineers the best
- Are adolescents adults
- How is summer in Faisalabad, Pakistan
- Which Beatles song describes your life?
- What is the limit state method
- All Iranians are considered Persians
- What is cheap to buy in Thailand
- Why do you have to consummate marriage
- Why is katakana not pronounced katagana
- Indian richest community
- Hires TCS freshmen through referral of employees
- Delta Force wears green berets
- Is it safe to use password manager
- Which is the best zodiac sign
- Is a happy worker a productive worker
- When does a bank freeze money?
- What kind of girls love boys
- Are all philosophers inclined
- Is MS Dhoni faster than Usain Bolt
- What is lunch plus dinner
- The colleges look at the elementary school records
- What is the Islamic Empire
- Is there racism in Montreal, Canada
- What business should a student start?
- How's Denver
- What is the purpose of tax planning
- How is life in China 4
- Is it time for a political revolution?
- What is price inflation
- How powerful is a degree from Oxford University
- What is the solution to consumer exploitation
- What are the biggest misunderstandings about lumberjacks
- What jobs do millennials have
- When did curry production begin?