Why can't I feel anything
I can't take it anymore, what should I do? 5 tips from the crisis
“I can no longer” - a thought that is hardly ever uttered in our performance-oriented society. We are used to functioning, hardly showing any weakness and certainly not saying “I'm finished”. When asked "How are you", we expect the answer "Thank you, you?" It was the same with Gerhard. He exhausted himself for years until one day he just couldn't anymore - he was mentally and physically exhausted. His diagnosis of burnout. If he looks back now, he would have done a few things differently back then to prevent burnout. This article has 5 tips if you feel like everything is getting too much for you.
I can't take it anymore - What about you?
Think about it, how often has a person said to you openly and honestly: "Everything is getting too much for me?" Probably not many. Nevertheless, the number of people who are affected by burnout or depression is increasing. Hardly anyone talks about it when you are not feeling well. It would be extremely important to also take care of your psyche. Even more: It is an important realization to notice “I can no longer”. Why? So you can admit that something should be changed in your life. If you feel overwhelmed and your thoughts become more and more negative, action is required. Be it in the form of help from an expert or by taking steps out of the crisis.
Why do I feel overwhelmed?
Feeling overwhelmed - This feeling or thought sounds familiar to all of us. There are simply situations in life that present us with challenges. New situations can also cause us to be overwhelmed, that is quite normal. But sometimes we come to a point where “nothing works”, where we just think “I can't anymore”.
The thought “I can't go on” has a history. It was the case with Gerhard that he spent himself in his job, his son was born and he was also a member of the board of an association. Rest and relaxation were foreign words to him. Since he was rarely at home and when he was, tired and limp, this often led to an argument. He felt inundated with stimuli, responsibility and stress. The stressful factors outweighed those that gave him strength again.
What can I do when everything is too much for me? 5 tips
1. I can't take it anymore - but why not?
“I can't go on” is a warning to ourselves, but at the same time a very general one. What exactly triggers the feeling of listlessness and exhaustion in you? What exactly are you worried about and what is stressful for you? Which things cause you to be overwhelmed? Find out as precisely as possible which topics are causing you headaches. If you don't yet know what your vital exhaustion is like, you can find out here.
2. Find your stressors
This also includes finding out what stressors are in your life:
- Does your job burn you out?
- Are there always arguments in the family?
- Do you feel too little supported in the partnership?
- Have you made too many commitments on yourself?
The list can go on indefinitely and is very individual. Find out why you think “I'm finished” and where your listlessness might be coming from.
3. All too much - change what you can change
“Everything is too much for me”. Differentiate this thought. Because if you think “everything” then you are even more overwhelmed. Think step by step and in detail. When you have identified the factors and situations that lead to fatigue, listlessness and stress in you, you can tackle them. Start with one topic, the one that worries you most.
Example: Gerhard worked an 80-hour week. So work was his biggest stress factor. 1. Did he work too much, which ultimately burned him out. From this it followed 2. that he quarreled with his wife, because she felt left alone with bringing up the child. More factors were added. So Gerhard had no time to relax at work or in his private life, which ultimately caused him to slide into burnout. After he began to exchange ideas with a psychologist in an online consultation, he realized where the origin of his problem lay: He had to reduce his working hours, which relaxed his overall life situation.
4. Accept what cannot be changed
I can't take it anymore - This statement may apply to your inner state of mind. Not that you can accept what you cannot change anyway. Often things stress us the most that we cannot change anyway. With Gerhard it was the club. Many scenarios took place there over which he had no influence. Still, they worried and stressed him. We all have things that we always get angry about, but cannot change. Be aware: what cannot be changed can only be accepted. If one is not obliged to stay in the situation, one should leave it.
5. I can’t take any more breaks
Breaks, vacations and free time are for people, as with technical devices, the charging of the battery. Absolutely necessary for it to be functional again. Regardless of whether you are a mother of three and fully employed or whether you are single and childless: You need rest and relaxation. Time for yourself, in which there is nothing but rest and relaxation. Switch off from the world around you, you will notice that you will feel better afterwards. In this post, you will find tips on how to make sure that you take time out regularly.
In the graphic you will find a summary of the tips against overload:
Do not judge yourself if you feel “I can't anymore”. It is a sign that you can consciously perceive that something is wrong. Follow this sign and change something about your condition. It doesn't always have to be alone. If you suspect you may have burnout or depression, there are many ways you can feel better again. Our online advice can also help you with this.
Photo source: www.pexels.com/@andrew
- Why do Muslim men not wear a hijab
- What are modern dating habits
- Can people be bad to you why
- Who was Ferdinand Freiligrath?
- Who can do a haiku about Jesus
- How much do beauticians earn
- What did Machu Picchu look like originally
- Which secret do you keep? Answer anonymously
- Why do people like horror stories
- Which is the largest modern tank in the world
- In economic terms, what is consumption
- Why is China's growth being reduced
- Does the Irish hunger for potatoes really happen
- Is Enugu Nigeria safe to live in
- Why is the animation process so tedious
- Why was the Catholic Church powerful
- Can Sunnis and Shiites marry
- How was your first date 2
- What happens when cement gets wet
- How deadly is peritonitis
- How can I be strong without a family
- Is KPMG still a Big 4
- How many women actually watch porn
- Do you like to spend money?
- Can money stop climate change
- Why does my iPad switch off suddenly?
- Is the unemployment benefit taxable?
- What do Venezuelans look like
- How do you find dirt on someone
- Where were Adam and Eve buried
- Can we eat kiwi fruit every day?
- Is the Chinese and Mongolian cuisine similar
- What are code reviews good for?
- Is the smell of kerosene dangerous?