What are government incentives
At a glance: State funding and grants for your own home
For most people, buying or building a house is the biggest project of their lives - financially too. Fortunately, you can save a lot of money thanks to government subsidies for your own home. The state gives us a helping hand with subsidy programs and grants such as KfW / BAFA subsidies, employee savings allowances, house building bonuses and Wohn-Riester.
Also for energetic renovations the timing is right: never before have energetic renovations been promoted as strongly as they are now. With the 2020 climate package, the funding has been significantly increased again.
Whether it is a new building or renovation of an old building: you will find one here Overview of the most important subsidies for home ownership.
You will find out in this article:
- State funding for the home
- State funding for renovations
- Regional funding
- Extra grants for building society savers
State funding for the home
Whether new construction or renovation - the largest funding pools in Germany are provided by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
- The KfW is the largest national development bank. It offers low-interest loans and grants for everything to do with home ownership. Anyone building a new building or planning a renovation should be familiar with these subsidies: KfW subsidies for home ownership »
- The grants of the BAFA are of interest to all homeowners who want to convert their old, inefficient heating to renewable energies. But builders can also benefit. At a glance: BAFA funding »
So that you don't miss a thing, you should inform in time. It is worthwhile, because there is suitable funding for a large number of home-related projects.
Find out when the individual funding needs to be applied for. Most KfW funds, for example before starting work can be applied for, others only after moving in.
State funding for renovations
Are you planning to modernize your home? Then you should take the opportunity: never before have energetic renovations been so generously funded by the state as now.
KfW and BAFA have increased the grants of their funding programs by an average since 2020 10 percent. In addition, it has been possible for the first time since 2020 to deduct energy-saving renovations from tax - up to 40,000 euros savings are in.
Here you can find out more about the current subsidies: Energy-efficient renovations: an overview of subsidies and subsidy programs »
Rely on an energy efficiency expert
If you are planning an energetic renovation of your home, we recommend this Advice from an energy efficiency expert, also called energy consultant. For energetic renovations, there are often several thousand euros in funding that do not have to be paid back.
The energy consultant plans the renovation, monitors the implementation of the work and ensures the quality of all measures. He will also suggest the right subsidy for your own home. In some KfW funding programs, an energy advisor is even required.
» A list of recognized experts and energy consultants for federal funding programs can be found at www.energie-ektiven-experten.de
In Germany there are a total of around 5,000 different funding programs. In addition to the federal funding programs mentioned, there are also various funding programs at municipal and state level. From discounted loans for low-income households to hereditary building offers for young families to additional funding programs for environmentally friendly building - the range is wide.
Funding databases help to keep track of this jungle. They provide information and an overview of all regional funding.
Funding databases on the Internet
Also have the individual federal states each with its own promotional banks. Most of them encourage home ownership. These loans are often linked to conditions such as a certain apartment size or a maximum income.
By the way: A trip to the town hall can also be helpful if you want to find out about the funding programs in your region.
Extra grants for building society savers
The state supports the creation of residential property by promoting building society savings with home building bonuses, employee savings allowances and residential Riester:
- With the Housing premium Every building society saver who is below a certain income limit can look forward to annual subsidies. Important: The allowances will increase from 2021.
»Find out more: For building society savers: The home construction bonus
- Do you get capital-building benefits from your employer? With the Employee savings allowance the state adds something under certain conditions.
»Find out more: The employee savings allowance
- With the Riester funding the purchase of your own property can be funded. In 2018, the basic allowance was increased, which makes the cash injection even more attractive.
»Find out more: Riester home savings
Funding for building society savers and home financiers
- What are conservatives hoermuede
- How do INFJs get over a relationship
- What part of the brain thinks
- Is Turkey Middle East Country
- Why do kisses sometimes give you goose pimples?
- Is kicking useful in a street fight
- Are Serbs only meeting Serbs
- CDs are a good investment
- How can I keep up with school
- What has Nickelback done to everyone
- Why don't I have close friends
- How do I identify manipulative behavior
- Foreigners can own land in Batam Indonesia
- What is the 113th element
- Is IBA better than Fast in BSCS
- Why are today's teenagers so impatient
- What made you feel confident
- Which is India's most advanced fighter jet
- Vedas What is Gandharva marriage
- How does experience change suffering?
- Can our body size decrease
- Jesus was born out of Mary's vagina
- Do you have plastic money
- How does economic growth affect a company?