How does Adobe motivate employees
Work motivation: 4 requirements for motivated employees
Much is being done to promote the motivation of employees to work. This often becomes the most important Motivator forget: the activity itself, its framework conditions and consequences for the company. The proven Motivational model von Heckhausen shows us the four central conditions for Work motivation. This helps to identify weak points and address deficits in a targeted manner.
Employees who like to come to work with Joy and fun Do their job and identify with the company - that's what every company wants. Because a lack of motivation does not only burden everyday work in emotional terms.
A considerable sum against the background of a net return on sales for German companies of between 4 and 8 percent. Motivated employees are therefore important for the Corporate success. But what can you do to increase work motivation? And how can you causes identify and eliminate for lack of motivation?
Work motivation must come from within!
Work motivation must be intrinsically present. I enjoy my job and do it well because it is me fun makes and I one sense see in it! Of course, external performance incentives also make sense. Success Bonuses for example. Company tickets, Christmas bonuses, special vacations, incentives and so on.
If a company restricts itself to external incentives, however, it will in the long run have rich and full, but no more motivated employees. Frederick Herzberg already had that in his Two factor theory recognized: money is a Hygiene factor. Bad pay demotivates. But adequate pay does not automatically lead to higher work motivation.
I'm super excited to see what the researchers will find at the bottom of the crater in Siberia. But strongly rely on my work motivation.
- The Schnubbelfluse (@silbermund) November 25, 2014
The 4 aspects of motivated action
This is where Heinz Heckhausen comes into play. Its simple but proven cognitive motivational model includes four aspects an act. Only when all four aspects are fulfilled is the motivation to act great. Transferred to working life, these are the factors:
- Perception of working conditions: Is my work result already fixed due to the situational framework? This applies to the equipment in the workplace, the work equipment that is available, the processes and daily routines that determine everyday work and also the diversity of the range of tasks.
- Assessment of one's own ability to act: Can I influence the work result through my own actions? This aspect is closely related to the first aspect, but above all it emphasizes your own contribution to the work result.
- Assessment of the consequences for the company: Are the consequences of my work results and my work for the company important to me? Do I feel connected to the company, my department and my colleagues?
- Relevance of the work result: Does my work result also have the desired consequences for the company? Does what I achieve as a result really contribute to the company's success?
If the first aspect is negated and the rest are affirmed, then the high draws Work motivation after yourself.
No motivation without zest for action!
Why is that Approach So interesting for daily practice in companies? The model presents the employees as individuals who reflect and act on their situation Focus of contemplation. The focus is on the activity itself.
The Key questionThe question that arises is: “Does what I'm doing here actually make sense?” The meaning that I see in work gives me the intrinsic impetus to kneel down into the job. It's about personal Freedom to act and make decisions. To identify with the company.
And about the Appreciationthat is brought to the employees. The fields of action that are derived from this for the company relate to
- Workplace equipment,
- Work organization,
- Corporate culture,
- and - of course - also guide.
Therefore, the model is very well suited to the current work situation of employees - for example in the context of a Employee survey or in regular staff appraisals - to analyze in a structured manner. The results provide very specific indications as to where more acute Need for action exists and where things are already running smoothly.
And then in the end all you need is the courage and that consequenceto tackle the identified problems - and not to burn any more money in the future because there is a lack of motivation.
- Should feminists evolve to egalitarianism
- Is the population the problem of Nigeria
- What business should a student start?
- What is the best food festival
- What is command
- Which is better Columbia or Oxford University
- How can you clean an unsealed mortar?
- How to clean chicken coop
- How much are workers paid in Mexico
- Where are the best dumplings in China
- What has Elon Musk achieved
- Which woman can I marry
- What does a mining engineer do
- What am I supposed to do all day
- Is it wrong to be conservative?
- Which countries still have orphanages?
- Sustainable development can be based on growth
- Is illegal immigration causing xenophobia
- What the Mongols think of Inner Mongolia
- Who is Taehyung's mother
- What is a trading company
- What would your pet say about you
- God forsake his children
- What is podcast 99 invisible about
- Milk is bad for the elderly
- Pit bulls are the most abused dog
- Should I study finance or accounting?
- What constitutes a diversified economy
- Parents should beat their children for discipline
- What annoys you
- At what age does sexual desire reach its peak
- Why do people get into a relaxing relationship
- What are some recipes with corned beef