Can a married Indian marry a Filipino?
In many countries you get married at the registry office. This is a state marriage. It is the same in Germany. You can also get married in church. The church marriage comes after the civil marriage.
Would you like to get married in Germany? Then you have to register at the registry office at your place of residence. You need a few documents to register: your registration certificate, your ID card or passport and your birth certificate. Do you have children with your partner? Then you also have to bring the children's documents with you. You must have these documents translated into German. A notary has to sign that the translations are correct. He has to certify the translations.
Since October 1, 2017, same-sex couples have been allowed to marry in Germany with all rights and obligations. This also means, for example, that you can adopt children like heterosexual couples if you meet the necessary requirements.
© Goethe-Institut If you have married, you will receive a new document at the registry office: the marriage certificate or marriage certificate. If you want, you can also get a family journal with information about your family.
Have you already married in your home country? Then you must have received a document there. This document is your foreign marriage certificate or marriage certificate. You can have them recognized at your registry office in Germany.
Most people have a big celebration for their wedding. The bride, i.e. the woman, often wears a white wedding dress. Many couples buy wedding rings. At the wedding, the groom, i.e. the man, gets a ring from the woman and the woman gets a ring from the man.
You can find more information on the topic of “international marriages” on the website of the Federal Foreign Office.
Information on "spouse reunification", i.e. when you come to your spouse in Germany, can be found on the "Welcome to Germany" website of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF):
BAMF: Brochure “Welcome to Germany”: Information on spousal reunification
© Goethe Institute
Separation and divorce
Couples can choose to separate or divorce for various reasons. Counseling can be particularly helpful when children are concerned and child support is to be paid. Advice centers can sometimes also help with legal questions.
- How do I go without feeling uncomfortable
- I could marry my cousin
- How many genders are there in 2018
- Amazon releases its employees
- What is quantitative analysis
- Can the internet spark a revolution?
- Is it customary to skip lunch in the corporate culture?
- Are you happy with this generation
- How does the street CCTV system work
- What is the name of a female cat
- People in Turkey like cats
- Why is Trump against legal immigration
- What does H2O
- What is it about your country that encourages you
- How is mathematics used in aerospace engineering
- How can I become a panhandler
- Why do religions not correspond to science?
- What is the poorest city in Bangladesh
- How do I become a computer programmer
- Is trans fatty acid bad
- What do you think about incestuous sex
- What's the last smell that you remember
- What is the social construction of reality
- Why do people move away from freelance work