How long can I walk without ejaculating
How can the amount of ejaculate be increased?
When the man orgasm, ejaculation usually also occurs. The amount of ejaculate can vary from person to person. The amount of sperm decreases somewhat with age and can only be increased to a limited extent with the help of various measures.
What is ejaculate and what is it made of?
Ejaculate (semen) describes the seminal fluid that emerges from the urethra during an ejaculation. It consists of:
- Sperm (seminal threads, spermatozoa)
- Glandular secretions (mainly from the prostate and seminal vesicles).
+++ More on the topic: semen and sperm +++
How much ejaculate is normal?
The amount of ejaculate in a healthy, sexually mature man is between 1.5 and 6 ml, with men around the age of 30 producing the most on average. With increasing age, the amount of ejaculate slowly decreases again. The following applies: The volume of the ejaculate cannot be used to determine fertility or the degree of arousal.
Possible causes for a lower amount of ejaculate
- Frequency of ejaculation
- other underlying disease
- mental health
- Taking medication
- Disruption of the hormonal control circuits between the brain and testicles, hormonal disorders
- Ejaculation disorders such as retrograde ejaculation
How is semen produced?
The production of sperm in the testes is a complex process in which various hormone-producing and regulating glands are involved. Most of the seminal fluid is produced in the prostate and the so-called seminal vesicles. The production of sperm is controlled by the pituitary gland (pituitary gland): It releases the two hormones FSH and LH, which in turn act directly on the formation of new sperm (FSH) in the testes and ensure testosterone production in the testes (LH). The sperm is stored in the epididymis and spermatic ducts. During orgasm, the prostate and vas deferens contract strongly, causing ejaculation.
+++ More on the topic: Hormones: The language of the body +++
How quickly do sperm renew themselves?
A healthy man produces new sperm every day, so there are always sperm cells of varying degrees of maturity in the testicles and seminal canals. The process until the sperm mature takes about 72 days. If there is no ejaculation for a long time, unused sperm are broken down by the body itself or in an involuntary ejaculation (pollution) - often during sleep - rejected.
+++ More on the topic: vasectomy - sterilization of men +++
Why does semen production decrease with age?
In men, too, the hormonal balance changes over the course of life, but not as much as in women. With increasing age, the testosterone production slowly decreases again, but only to a small extent, so that the fertility in men - despite the lower amount of ejaculate - is mostly maintained into old age.
A mostly benign enlargement of the prostate (prostatic hyperplasia), which often occurs in old age, can also be the cause of a reduced amount of ejaculate: The swelling of the prostate inside can obstruct the ducts, which means that less ejaculate is emitted during orgasm.
+++ More on the subject: orgasm without ejaculation +++
How can the sperm production or the amount of ejaculate be increased?
Since both sperm production and the amount of ejaculate are primarily controlled by hormones, these processes can only be influenced "from outside" to a limited extent. In any case, a healthy lifestyle helps to maintain virility into old age.
- Avoidance of direct heat effects on the testicles (sauna, hot baths, heated seats in the car)
- Avoid tight pants
- drink enough
- balanced diet rich in vitamins
- Use of vegetable oils
- Sufficient exercise
- Pelvic floor training
- Refrain from nicotine and alcohol
- Avoiding stress
Are there any drugs to stimulate semen production?
Medicines to increase semen production may only be taken in consultation with the attending physician and prior detailed examination.
+++ More on the subject: orgasm without ejaculation +++
Stay informed with the newsletter from netdoktor.at
Dr. Britta Bürger, specialist in gynecology and obstetrics (2008)
Claudia Schneider MA (2020), Astrid Leitner (2020)
More articles on the topic
In their mid-40s, men's sex hormones go to their knees. A few centuries ago this was not noticed because the falling hormone levels in ...
The "listless" man
Men always want! (?) - an old myth that the "strong sex" would like to live up to.
- What is so unique about your city?
- How do engineers become billionaires
- How is China 1
- Who inspires you to do something great?
- How does the government help the farmers
- How did Tech For Campaigns gain traction
- Jeffrey Epstein is a mafia
- There is freedom in manual labor
- Can people actually smell death?
- What is offshore banking
- How can I have firmer chairs?
- What are the phases in the construction project
- Your life is going downhill right now
- Why are only children spoiled?
- How do I research the market
- Uses Elon Musk Adderall
- Why don't people trust me
- Why should we be fairer
- England could claim independence from Great Britain
- China was saved by America during World War II
- How can you inspire an unmotivated student
- Hispanic ancestors were slaves
- What mistakes did Generation X make
- Which is healthier potato or rice
- What are some hotel management jobs abroad
- A GDP growth of 100 is achievable
- Which countries does the C 17 fly
- How can I cure phimosis
- How can I overcome insomnia 1
- How do I date a hot woman
- I have a yeast infection
- Why didn't Wilt Chamberlain win more championships
- How can I deal with argumentative people
- How do Australians feel about immigrants?