Is Persia another name for Iraq?
Iran travel tips & information
Alcohol is not available in Iran. The introduction of alcohol is not permitted. We strongly advise against trying.
Ladies should adhere to the Islamic dress code, i. H. Headscarf, non-body-hugging clothing, ankle-length trousers, no bright colors and a coat. Gentlemen should not wear shorts and long-sleeved outerwear in religious places.
Photographing public facilities, military sites, airports and ports, security and government vehicles, police officers and security forces is strictly prohibited and will be considered a spy attack. This can lead to imprisonment. Great caution is required when photographing people.
Payment by cards and travelers checks is not possible in Iran. So make sure you have enough cash with you. The exchange of euros and dollars is not a problem. You can also pay in euros for larger purchases.
- February 11th: anniversary of the revolution
- February 13: Eid al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice)
- March 20: Oil Nationalization Day
- March 21-25: Iranian New Year
- March 14th: Ashura
- April 1st: anniversary of the founding of the republic
- April 2: Public Confession Day
- May 15: Mouloud (Prophet's Birthday)
- June 4th: Imam Khomeini's death anniversary
- June 5th: Anniversary of the rebellion against the Shah.
- September 24: Leilat al-Meiraj (Ascension of the Prophet)
- October 12: Imam Mahdi's birthday
- November 25-27: Eid al-Fitr begins (end of Ramadan)
Since the holidays are calculated according to the lunar calendar, they shift from year to year.
The fasting month of Ramazân (Ramadan) is important for travelers as all restaurants are closed during the day during this time.
In restaurants you tip about 10% in addition to the invoice amount.
Customs import and export
The importation of weapons, pork, narcotics, alcohol, chocolates containing alcohol, films, magazines and books with representations that could offend religious feelings are strictly prohibited. More than 200 cigarettes must be declared, as well as electronic devices that are imported as gifts or for sale.
The export of antiques is strictly prohibited!
- Which factors determine prosperity?
- What is a generation 1
- Are the Google Earth measurements correct?
- Why do some people hate New Zealand
- How thick are scrambled eggs
- Like babies vegans
- Can you guess personalities from a picture
- Can a speech therapist cure the murmur
- Why are technical recruiters so hot
- Can you tip cleaning ladies in hotels
- How do the French dress?
- Why did you choose MIT versus Harvard
- Make bread rice noodles fat
- What percentage of Google employees are women?
- Have facts liberal prejudice
- When did the Anglo-Saxon identity die out?
- What does Guatemala really want from Belize?
- Why do successful companies lose good employees
- Do other people smell meth on me?
- Bihar has the highest crime rate
- What are the most venomous snakes
- What fashion is popular with Chinese teenagers
- What crap is that under my toenails
- How do rebellion and revolution differ?
- What are the duties of a sommelier
- How brave is too brave
- How much do camboys normally earn annually
- How can I view my Google Photos
- What is your best childhood memory 3
- How many lawyers are very rich
- What newbies don't understand about college
- May horses be ridden
- Portland is poor
- What possibilities are there to achieve savings?