When does your cat get jealous?
Cat language: behavior in case of jealousy
Most house cats are very competitive. When it comes to living with humans, this is especially true for cats, which are very human. When a new cat moves in, the reluctance to share can become a problem! Even well-rehearsed teams are not immune to it.
Cat language for jealousy: Often difficult to interpret
The most difficult candidates for jealousy are those who devour their grief and can hardly be recognized by their cat language: reserved, calm cats, who are plagued by jealousy, suddenly withdraw from their humans. Suddenly they don't feel like being petted or playing hours and seem downright offended. It is hardly possible to lure them out of the reserve, which often causes great concern for the owner.
Others stare over at their owner when he strokes the second cat and later socialize with their animal roommate, who then usually no longer understands the world. Some also make short work of themselves and pounce on the second cat while it is being petted.
When jealousy leads to undesirable behavior
What starts with a little jealousy can become a real problem if the owner fails to interpret cat language and misbehaves. When the two cats start to fight it becomes uncomfortable or even unbearable for everyone. Protest behavior in the case of jealousy can manifest itself with scratching, biting and hissing both against the owner and against the fellow. Many jealous cats bully the second pet, chase it from the litter box and ambush it from behind.
Also, peeing protest, destructive rage, unwillingness to eat and even illnesses can arise from jealousy. How you can prevent this as a cat owner, read here.
You may also be interested in these cat education topics:
Raising Cats Successfully: Important Basic Rules
Cat training in scratching, biting and aggressiveness
Raising Cats: The Command "No"
- All couples perform oral sex
- What is a construction site
- Why don't chapatis digest in the stomach
- Are British universities good for Indians?
- How is a boarding school 1
- Should Taiwan and Singapore merge
- Australia has freedom of religion
- Obtain programmer jobs without a degree
- A fraudster feels remorseful
- Is palliative care only for the dying
- What are some tips for working mothers
- Should I undercut my laptop's CPU
- How come I don't hear my accent
- What was your most life threatening experience
- Chinese people eat whales
- What is active
- Why don't westerners eat river fish?
- Who are all anthropologists on Quora
- Kaengurus are aggressive
- Westerners believe in reincarnation
- Americans are inherently hostile to foreigners
- What is the salary of the NSDC staff
- How is the Venezuelan woman
- Should the NBA allow load management