Are pharmacists in demand
Responsible for risks and side effects
Pharmacists are no better sellers of wellness and cosmetic products, who are also allowed to pick out the drugs prescribed by the doctor. No, pharmacists practice a healing profession themselves and advise on all health issues. In the pharmaceutical industry, they research and develop new drugs.
What am I doing?
Pharmacists manage the range of prescription drugs, dispense them against a prescription and explain to patients how to use them, store them and how they work. Pharmacists must therefore know the composition of drugs, analyze them and, if necessary, be able to manufacture them themselves. Pharmacists also advise customers on over-the-counter drugs, from nasal sprays to cold drops, cough syrup, headache pills to dehydration cures and herbal teas, and point out to them, for example, the usefulness and possible interactions with other drugs.
According to a prescription, pharmacists also produce their own preparations such as ointments and solutions, crush, dose and mix the basic substances with mortars, pipettes, scales, test tubes and microscopes. If necessary, they measure their customers' blood pressure or blood sugar level and also carry out simpler laboratory tests. Pharmacists work closely with scientists and physicians in the laboratories of pharmaceutical companies to manufacture and test new drugs.
Where do I work?
Pharmacists work in retail or in hospitals, sometimes also for health authorities or health insurance companies. Pharmacists are not allowed to run a pharmacy without a permit; they usually do research in the laboratories of pharmaceutical companies.
What requirements do I need?
Scientific and medical understanding, in-depth knowledge of chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics, confident English and Latin, communication skills
How can I learn this profession?
A pharmacist is someone who completes a four-year course in pharmacy with the state examination and acquires a license to practice medicine through a practical year. Pharmacists do not need this, but they do need a one to two semester postgraduate course.
- Which books do I have to read
- Has YouTube a channel
- Why is IU not so famous anymore
- State schools are destroying the Indian education system
- Why does food taste better in Europe?
- Why are narcissists always rude
- What genre of music do you hate?
- What are the best banks in Nigeria
- Why shouldn't a wall stop immigration?
- Breakfast increases blood sugar
- Locusts bite people
- Ate Veer Savarkar beef
- How to become and remain successful
- What causes back pain
- Arabs have African ancestry
- Have you been single all your life
- How did Cairo Egypt get its name
- The original Quran exists today
- Is India really unsafe for girls
- Who is the richest person in China
- How does UrbanClap hire professionals
- How many students are there per class?
- What are shellfish made of
- Who inspires you to do something great?