Could Harvey Weinstein ever redeem himself?
The disgruntled democracy
Do people in Germany withdraw their trust in democracy? This is suggested by the ever new headlines about disenchantment with politicians and parties, growing electoral fatigue and a vitalized protest culture that calls for new forms of democratic decision-making. The present volume seeks answers. Can we really speak of a sustainably "disgruntled democracy"? How can the demands and reality of modern popular rule be brought together better? Experts from science, politics and the media shed light on the current relationship between politics, citizens and the media and draw a differentiated picture of the mood of the Federal Republic of Germany's democracy. But they also show new ways of dialogue between politics and citizens and discuss scope for more democratic participation.
Democracy Parties Participation Disenchantment with politics Post-democracy
Editors and affiliations
- Stephan Braun
- Alexander Geisler
- 1.Stuttgart, Germany
- 2. Berlin Germany
About the editors
Stephan Braun is a journalist and was a member of the Baden-Württemberg state parliament for 15 years. Publications mainly on the extreme right as well as on youth and education.
Alexander Geisler is a political scientist and works as a research assistant in the German Bundestag. In journalism, he deals with the topics of political communication and election campaigns, as well as dealing with the extreme right.
- Book TitleThe Disgruntled Democracy
- Book SubtitleModerne popular rule between awakening and frustration
- Editors Stephan Braun
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-531-19035-8
- Copyright InformationVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden2012
- Publisher NameVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Science (German Language)
- Softcover ISBN978-3-531-18410-4
- eBook ISBN978-3-531-19035-8
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages, 332
- Number of Illustrations0 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Topics Political Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- What are some traditional Hindu cuisines
- Who is your favorite villain
- What are the generations of processors
- What can I do after the age of 60
- Is housekeeping good for girls
- How do I hack a Facebook ID
- Why are Americans sitting on the floor
- Has a book ever saved your life?
- How do I avoid paying corporate taxes
- How does a high interest rate affect investments?
- Chinese people eat centipedes
- Should a woman spoil her partner
- Is normal steel harder than stainless steel
- How will I be placed in Cerner
- Traffic jams lasted for days
- Can utopia really exist
- When fish cry underwater, something happens
- Is looked down on as self-taught
- Why do we think about the future
- How unique is Australian culture
- Where was the Koran created
- The Gnostic Gospels were forgeries
- Which ethnic group is the most oppressed?
- Are there weekend holidays at IIITDM Kancheepuram