How is a tax rate calculated
Tax rate for taxes in Germany
Calculate tax rate
In order to be able to initiate the tax rate calculation, the tax amount must be looked up in an income tax table. The tax amount is then multiplied by 100. The result is divided by the annual gross income.
The calculation is very simple:
- Tax rate = tax amount x 100 / taxable income
In Germany, the entry tax rate is 14%. This initial tax rate then experiences a progressive increase of up to 42%. In addition, there is a basic allowance up to which no taxes have to be paid. If the income is higher, the top tax rate is due. This is paid as tax from a legally regulated income level. Between the tax rate of 0% and the top tax rate of 45%, the tax rate is levied as a percentage of income. However, the calculation of the tax rate is not that easy, because it increases with a minimal increase in income.
With this calculation of the tax rate, only the annual gross income is calculated. However, the tax rate on the taxable income can also be determined, which can be found in the tax assessment for the previous year. The amount of tax paid is also noted there.
Tax rate in Germany
The percentage of a taxable amount that is payable as tax is called the tax rate. There are different taxes in Germany that have different tax rates, including:
The tax rate is given as a monetary amount per unit of value (10 euros per 100 euros of income). However, it can also be given as a percentage of the calculation base (5% of income).
Tax rate for various taxes
value added tax
There are different tax rates for sales tax in Germany. For companies, sales tax is due right at the start of the activity. For many companies this means taxing their turnover at 19%. But there are also sales taxable at a reduced rate of 7%. This includes, among other things, food, overnight stays in hotels or plants. The tax rates for an agricultural and forestry business can be between 5.5% and 10.7%.
The personal circumstances of the taxpayer play an important role for income tax. So there is no fixed tax rate for income tax.
- The income tax rate increases with the amount of income. Families and single parents have to pay less income tax.
The trade tax is set by the municipalities. After all, commercial enterprises cause various burdens on the municipalities. This includes, for example, supplying companies with electricity, water and gas, but also building and maintaining paths and access roads to companies. The trade tax serves as a financial compensation for all these burdens.
Corporate income tax is a corporate expense and only has to be paid by corporations. Corporations are legal entities. Corporate income tax is 15% on taxable income. The legal person submits a corporate tax return. Corporate income tax is paid on the profits generated.
Gift tax / inheritance tax
There are different tax rates for gift and inheritance tax - depending on the relationship between the taxpayer and the donor or testator. An example of gift and inheritance tax:
|Ratio of the taxpayer to the donor or testator in the case of a taxable acquisition of up to 6 million euros||Gift and inheritance tax as a percentage|
Calculate inheritance tax!
Tax Rate in Germany: Important Facts
- The tax rate is adjusted to the corresponding tax
- Depending on the type of tax, a separate law determines the tax rate
- As with income tax, the tax rate can vary
- The tax rate describes the amount of tax to be paid
Individual references and sources
Income Tax Act: Different tax rates >>
Disclaimer: Despite careful checking, we accept no liability for the completeness, correctness or topicality of the information presented here. No services will be assumed that are reserved for professionals in accordance with the StBerG and RBerG.
- Can the average person crack CFA
- What is CCleaner for Windows
- What rules should people not obey?
- What are Indian Crowdfunding Sites
- Why can't I deal with my life
- Arabic music is popular in Turkey
- How much does data warehousing cost
- Which Indian start-up is laying off employees?
- What do Egyptians eat for breakfast
- Men like to get involved with women
- What can adolescents offer adults
- What is project risk management
- Are counterfeit designer goods that bad
- How do I prioritize events more effectively
- How popular is rabbit meat in Indonesia
- Can a Sunni Muslim recite Durood
- Big women meet smaller men
- Why is the Planck length minimally measurable
- Why are marriages not made in heaven?
- Should I hire a private investigator?
- Which occupations have the lowest fluctuation rates?
- Retinol actually repairs the skin
- How to become and remain successful
- How important is Sobresa for Spanish culture