Why are old people bossy
Why old people become vicious: information on age psychology
People sometimes change as they get old. It can happen that once friendly and sociable people get not only grumpy, but also really vicious as they get older. Then it is important to find out the cause.
Psychology of old age - reasons for behavioral changes
Younger family members often do not understand why some people's behavior changes with age. If an old person changes in such a way that they become aggressive and really mean, you should start looking for the reason.
- If you only know your parents or grandparents as kind and friendly people, it is certainly difficult to cope with when they become vicious and grumpy in old age.
- Often times they are things that you don't even have on your radar. Elderly people are often in pain. These are sometimes not that easy to localize, but rather diffuse. These are often not taken seriously by relatives. Incidentally, this also applies to pain that has existed for a long time and is caused by a chronic disease such as rheumatism.
- Anyone who is constantly in pain and this may be aggravated by certain care measures can react aggressively. Chronic pain wears down if left untreated. Nowadays, all types of pain can be brought under control very well. So if the cause of an old person's aggressiveness lies here, individual pain therapy can help.
- Fear is also a common cause of aggression. It doesn't matter what the person is afraid of: the fear of being alone, the fear of being deported or the fear of becoming a burden.
- A side effect of old age is that those affected look back on their lives and take stock. If this balance is negative, anger, disappointment and despair can result - which will be reflected in behavior.
- By the way, fear is also a common reason for aggression. It doesn't matter what the person is afraid of: the fear of being alone, the fear of being deported or the fear of becoming a burden.
- Care for an elderly person, put yourself in their shoes. Often these people feel like a burden, useless and superfluous. That is definitely not a nice feeling. The aggression and malevolence can then come from the fact that the old person begins to hate himself and his situation.
- Conversations and affection can absorb a lot. But it is also important that you do not incapacitate the elderly. Let him have his free will and also his dignity. This includes that they should do things themselves that they are mentally and physically capable of - such as personal hygiene or deciding when to go to bed.
Malignancy as a sign of the onset of dementia
In addition to numerous psychological aspects, there are also diseases that bring about a change in behavior.
- In the case of old people, one should therefore always think of possible dementia if their behavior changes significantly.
- Especially at the beginning of dementia, those affected complain a lot and blame is assigned. This is because the person concerned experiences this phase of dementia very consciously - he notices that he is becoming more and more forgetful. This is scary and understandably leaves many in despair.
- Do not react to verbal or possible physical attacks with aggression as well.
- Instead, seek professional help that will make it easier for you to deal with the elderly. Your entitlement to a degree of care
Age is only part of life. If you want to understand older people better, our next post will help. In it we explain developmental psychology according to Erikson and Piaget.
- What made you feel confident
- Personality types can change
- Do women get stinky feet
- How do you separate water from oil
- Can a basement have a basement
- How do you get rid of powdery mildew
- Older women fantasize about younger men
- Who was the first king of Australia
- What are some examples of the best life
- Why do we need a police force
- What do mechanical engineers do at ISRO
- Why does Elon Musk eat so fast
- Which fall 2019 anime is worth watching
- What is bridge membrane
- How can I wholesale phones from China?
- What are Ivanka Trump's beliefs
- Why is ethical truth a philosophical problem
- Killed Kenny G the saxophone
- Why is welding called a permanent connection
- Why is religion involved in government?
- Which is the best dental management software
- Why are people obsessed with country music
- Left Rhaegar Lyanna
- What is the best way to overcome claustrophobia