What are the benefits of Indian oil
Healthy hair at last: With this Indian hair oil trick it works
We'll tell you the hair oil trick from India that will help you get healthy hair
Spread a special hair oil from roots to ends and let it work overnight - when we women in the West hear this, we immediately think of oily, weighted hair and roots. But that is wrong. Let's just ask Indian women who have long, full and healthy hair - thanks to their weekly oil care routine.
Dimple Amarnani, who, together with her sister Hema, is the owner of Sitara, a beauty center with a carefully selected range of treatments inspired by Hindu tradition, explains. "In India, women have applied oil to their hair for thousands of years to protect it from the sun and pollution. This is why their hair is long, strong, hydrated, shiny and nourished. The hair is strengthened and it prevents hair loss," says Dimple, who also reminds us that Indian women used this tradition every day and now the oil treatment is only carried out once a week (and at night).
Care tip for healthy hair: a hair oil treatment once a week
We know that oiling our hair every day is a difficult habit to adopt in our lifestyle today, but it is more than advisable to try at least once a week. Not only do they thoroughly moisturize and make the hair shinier, but you also prevent hair loss, detoxifying it by removing chemical residues like parabens and sulfates from some of the washing and styling products we use, and avoiding irritation and flaking of the hair Scalp. The oil treatment is based on the Ayurvedic philosophy and brings many advantages if you practice it consistently.
Healthy hair: this is how the oil treatment is used
It is best to carry out the treatment at night, distribute the oil from roots to ends (yes, don't worry) and then tie the hair in a bun or ponytail. Then of course you have to wash your hair the next day. The secret, so that the hair is not weighed down and no oil remains at the roots, is, as the Sitara expert explains, to apply the shampoo twice and leave the product on for a few minutes in the second application. If you also rinse it off with lukewarm (almost cold) water, you will get an extra dose of shine for your hair.
If you can't (or don't want to) leave the oil on overnight, you can shorten the process. However, for visible results, you need to leave it in your hair for at least two hours. There are also two other ways that you can "treat" your hair with oil. You can do it when you hit the gym by applying the oil to dry hair and tying your hair in a ponytail and then washing it. In this way, the heat opens up the cuticle and helps the oil penetrate the hair fibers better. You can also use the oil when you are at the beach or by the pool because it not only nourishes your hair but also protects it from the sun, salt and wind. In fact, stylist Maria Baras says she recommends all of her clients doing Bikram yoga because just as the steam and heat open the pores of the skin, it also opens the cuticles of the hair.
These are the best hair oils for healthy hair
Although there are a variety of oils with different properties for the hair, the easiest to find are the following:
- Pure coconut oil: "It is the most recommended for all hair types," says the Sitara expert, who emphasizes that this oil penetrates deeply and nourishes. In fact, stylist Gabriel Llano revealed how to use coconut oil to moisturize hair: "Put it in a bowl, heat it, and when it's liquid, apply it from center to tip. Leave it on for an hour or an hour and a half, depending on the porosity of the hair, and then wash it off, "he said. Because coconut oil has antimicrobial properties, it can also be used as a scalp treatment. Leave it on for about eight hours before rinsing it out, then wash your hair as usual.
- Sesame oil: It is another oil that is used in Ayurvedic treatments. It is usually applied slightly warm. Thanks to its high vitamin E content, it is perfect for very dry hair.
- Native olive oil: It also contains high doses of vitamin E and, as Dimple Amarnani points out, strengthens hair while also rejuvenating it. It also contains vitamin C, which stimulates collagen formation, and vitamin A, which promotes cell regeneration.
- Amla oil: This oil is extracted from a traditional Indian fruit and is used in Ayurvedic medicine. Its benefits for hair? It moisturizes, has anti-inflammatory effects on the scalp and delays the appearance of gray hair.
These hair oils are our favorites:
"L'Huile de Leonor Greyl", for 36 euros, via Douglas.de
The hair oil "L'Huile de Leonor Greyl" protects against sun, salt and chlorinated water and regenerates the hair.
"Moroccanoil Light" by Moroccanoil, around 48 euros, via Sephora.de
Cares with argan oil and gives shine, strength and combats frizz: "Moroccanoil Light" - is also perfect for very fine hair.
"Essence Absolue Oil" by Shu Uemura, around 35 euros, via Flaconi.de
The "Essence Absolue Oil" protects and nourishes the hair fibers with camellia oil.
This article originally appeared onVogue.es.
You might also be interested in: "Batwoman" star Javicia Leslie shows her family workout via Zoom | VOGUE Germany
More at VOGUE
- How do architects come to companies
- How does the government reduce inflation
- Can I invest in physical foreign currency?
- What types of bacon did you eat?
- How is a scented candle made
- Invest angel investors in existing companies
- Can I be healthy without having lunch
- How many people die of dementia
- Life for Doctors in the UAE
- Why do i hate my name
- What are emergency lies
- Why do bullies give wedgies
- Is Belize Safe To Visit?
- Pathological liars know they are lying
- Who are Heyoka empaths
- Who do you consider a cool person
- How does Priceline 1
- Ethiopian men make good husbands
- Are there real mother-and-son porn stars
- The IRS is on vacation
- Has Galileo living offspring
- How do you build a global company
- Is white pizza really pizza
- Is Perth better than Sydney
- Are diplomats politicians
- What is the best inexpensive brand of candles
- Can I cancel my work visa for Dubai?
- Can the legal separation be reversed
- How much cash deposit is suspect
- Is Iran an Islamic country
- Where can I buy cheese
- Is the age of 80 years old 1
- Who is America's Favorite President