What are programming and algorithms
theme - internet
Only the thick rind lying on the table in front of Lisa ("Programming with C ++") makes a light film of sweat on my forehead. I can't see anything like that under her blonde pony. She calmly explains that the algorithm has to be translated into code that the computer can do something with. After all, he should take over the sorting. "We do this in the programming language C." C? Yes, just C.
Who code read can has an advantage
And from then on it gets complicated. Although they're really nice and patient, between the two of them with their laptops - I'm sitting in the middle with my notepad - I feel pretty ignorant. Counting variables, libraries, for loops, arrays. For them this is probably the multiplication table. But while I try to understand and take notes at the same time, I notice that we are describing the algorithm in a language that I have never learned. It all sounds logical to me, but I still can't retell it without errors. "That is now a lot of input," says Amadeus encouragingly, "I try to teach freshmen that in several weeks."
The algorithm as such is not the problem, because I understand it as a diagram. When I look at the code, however, I feel like I did in high school, when I no longer had to write math exams but still had to be present: looked up from the card game under the table, glanced at the blackboard - nothing gathered, continued playing. In maths I just missed the connection and due to a lack of knowledge - even if I had wanted to - I could no longer really take part in the class. I can't have a say in programming either.
Do they feel the same sometimes? “You don't have to master every programming language,” says Amadeus. “The similarities are enough to be able to easily understand everything.” Nonetheless, they are of course also impressed by the know-how of other programmers. "But that has more to do with her specialization and experience," says Lisa. That also means: if you learn to program, many doors are open to you.
Who code write can, has the power!
For her, by the way, everything started with solving her mother's computer problems - initially according to the simple principle “Google is your friend”. She later came to programming in the HPI student college. Even those who have not or had not had (good) computer science lessons at school are not lost. Her hobbyhorse is the design of apps, in 2014 she was part of the winning team for the “Best Design” award at “Jugend hackt”.
She actually wanted to study media informatics or visual communication until her big brother, himself a computer science student at HPI, helped her to make an important finding: “If you can write code, you have the power,” she says triumphantly, “then you are not up what others are programming. ”After this little computer science lesson, I sense how right she is.
If you want to learn programming: Here you can find suggestions, material and good links.
- How do I deal with this situation at 6
- Appreciate employers' certificates or skills
- Is it wrong to kill?
- Who gets the highest paid salary?
- What's wrong in life
- What sucks about being honest
- What are fresher jobs
- What is the cheapest car pool in Karnataka
- How can I learn to appreciate dance
- Is it possible to eliminate the ego?
- How would you be more open
- What are your unusual favorite candle scents?
- Why do you think people are racist
- Who is the CEO of all companies
- Which prophet is more like Prophet Muhammad PBUH?
- Why is an LLC better
- Can US citizens travel to Yemen?
- What are database pages or companies
- Is life really difficult, ruthless and hard
- Some people only respond to screams
- How justified is premarital sex
- What are SOS devices
- Can love happen in arranged marriages
- Who is a man
- Should I visit Doha or Dubai
- Which foods are no longer eaten?
- Homelessness Who creates organized begging
- How are women treated in Islam
- Will the AI develop self-esteem
- How do I heal my mind wound
- How can a C programmer work
- Your country accepts foreign-born presidents
- Which is something you will never get
- How many states does the UAE have