What is machine language translation
machine translation (German)
Part of speech: noun, (Female), Part of speech: word combination, adjectival declensionHyphenation:
- ma | schi | nel | le translation, Plural: ma | schi | nel | le Über | set | Zun | gen
- IPA: [maʃiˈnɛlə yːbɐˈzɛʦʊŋ]
- 1) Linguistics discipline: research area on the automatic translation of texts from one language to another by computers
- 2) automatic translation of texts from one language to another by computers
- 1) automatic translation, machine language translation
- 1) Translation, linguistics, linguistics, language
- 1) The problems of machine translation have long been a topic in linguistics.
- 1) “While in some areas, namely the machine translation (...), progress only appears to be achievable at the moment if linguistic knowledge is taken into account ... "
- 1) “In order to achieve the goal of functioning translation algorithms, however, a whole series of linguistic and technical tasks had to be mastered, which in the early phase of the machine translation have certainly not been adequately assessed in their scope. "
- 2) Machine translations can be improved by post-editing.
- 2) “The epoch of machine translation has started. "
- English: 1) machine translation
- Polish: 1) tłumaczenie maszynowe, tłumaczenie automatyczne
- Swedish: maskinöversättning, mascinell översättning
- Spanish: 1) traducción automática
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„I learned that for the Austrian Council Presidency machine translation system Austrian variants of the administrative language for the first time in the EU. But for really good translations you still need people.“
DiePresse.com, September 1st, 2018
„The publishing director Wolfgang Blau demands one billion euros for machine translationsto offer language versions for small countries or language areas.“
digitalfernsehen.de, October 8, 2018
„In addition to translations that are sometimes not entirely accurate, Google Translate apparently has a completely different problem: The machine translation solution reinforces sexist stereotypes.“
t3n, September 11, 2018
„Why is machine translation useless?“
Tatoeba.org set example 655375
„The machine translation always takes place via the English language. For example, if you want to translate a sentence from Esperanto into Russian, it is first translated into English and only then into Russian.“
Tatoeba.org set example 6972042
„The Bergamot Project wants machine translations promote in the browser without a connection to the cloud. Mozilla's linguistic research is also involved.“
LinuxNews.de, January 6, 2021
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
Another word (synonym) for machine translation - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "machine translation":
Computational linguistics:… Linguistics application examples: 1) One of the application areas of computational linguistics is machine translation. 1) "Nevertheless, historical dictionaries are still rare ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Machine translation" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (20.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/maschinelle_translation/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term “machine translation” and thus help to expand our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
machine (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: ma | schi | nel | lem Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [maʃiˈnɛləm]…
machine (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: ma | schi | nel | len Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [maʃiˈnɛlən]…
machine (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: ma | schi | nel | ler Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [maʃiˈnɛlɐ]…
more mechanical (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ma | schi | nel | le | re Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
more mechanical (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ma | schi | nel | le | rem Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
more mechanical (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ma | schi | nel | le | ren Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
more mechanized (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ma | schi | nel | le | rer Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
more mechanical (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: ma | schi | nel | le | res Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
machine (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: ma | schi | nel | les Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [maʃiˈnɛləs]…
- Why did the tsunami not harm Tokyo?
- What are the best management schools in Singapore
- Is Chinese food the best take away option
- Can a social worker be introverted
- How has separation anxiety affected your life?
- Why are white genes recessive?
- Where can I get a homemade lunch
- What do the Chinese think of Indonesians
- Why do people stare while driving
- Do you lick your lips a lot
- What are the difficulties in understanding yourself
- What is the lifestyle of the people
- What is tax haven
- Typically, siblings are closer than friends
- What is thermite welding
- Sign banks cash withdrawals
- Who founded Islam 1400 years ago?
- 180,000 is a good salary
- How reliable is FedEx Priority overnight
- Is PewDiePie racist in the fight against the T-series
- What is Filipino Literature
- What is the height of Charminar
- Alcohol helps destroy gum bacteria
- Why do countries not all use currencies
- How greet the people
- Why are people afraid of dying
- Christmas is a popular holiday in Tanzania
- Is it illegal to threaten a fraudster?
- How can leads be generated
- Who is your favorite Gewuerzmaedchen
- What are examples of revelations in the literature
- Can an ENT pretend to like someone
- What are the fintech trend startups
- What motivates your belief in God