Why am I slightly blotchy while breastfeeding?
Skin spots in pregnancy
This is how the doctor treats melasma
For more severe spots, the dermatologist can prescribe creams with a higher concentration of active ingredients. Another way of removing melasma - especially large ones - is chemical peelings with fruit, glycolic or salicylic acid. "The top layer of skin and the excessive melanin are peeled off," explains Bayerl. Several treatments are often necessary at intervals of two to four weeks. "You need patience here too," says the dermatologist.
In stubborn cases, brightening hydroquinone in combination with vitamin A acid and hydrocortisone can help. The skin can react irritated to this. "Since the lower layers of the skin are particularly sensitive to light, the therapies should only be carried out in winter," says Bayerl. Meanwhile, sun protection is important. "Otherwise there will be a ping-pong effect and new melasma will form." Often, dermatologists wait to start treatment until the end of breastfeeding.
Pigment disorders can also be treated with the laser. Short, intense light impulses destroy melanins. Bayerl advises against lasers for dark skin types: "The treatment often intensifies the pigmentation and causes the spots to become darker." Laser therapy is also expensive. Side effects such as red, inflamed skin are common.
This prevents hyperpigmentation
Since melasma form when exposed to direct sunlight, consistent protection from light makes sense during pregnancy. "Sensitive people should also wear sunscreen with a high sun protection factor in autumn and winter," says Bayerl. Some hormonal contraceptives also favor pigment spots. It's best to talk to your gynecologist about it.
The easiest way to deal with the stains is with masking creams. So-called camouflage make-up covers particularly well. "You should take time to try out which shade suits your skin type. A test on the back of your hand is ideal," advises Nercissian. Sometimes it is better to mix your own clay from two products. Important: Make-up must be removed in the evening. Then apply a moisturizer.
- GST registration is free
- Why are the perfumes cheaper in Perfumania
- Believe Elon Musk in God
- What do you enjoy being alone?
- How can yeast produce fuel for cars
- What is a VRF air conditioner
- How important is nationalism in mainland China
- Who is evil Cersei or Daenerys
- What are the cultures of each country
- Has beef gelatin beef
- Dish TV requires a satellite dish
- Why does semen smell funny
- Which country has the greatest differences in prosperity?
- Where do the Scandinavians come from?
- Why does cat call rude
- What are the options after a BMS
- Why Are Some People Snobs 1
- What kind of Arabs are Iraqis
- Why is an omelette called that
- How do you help disadvantaged children
- How do NBA players get their salaries
- Will the pound ever recover from Brexit?
- Is it safe to use password manager
- Iranians hate Greeks
- Why do you choose tourism
- What should you never complain about in life?
- Do veterinarians as much as doctors do
- Many people in China get tattoos
- How things sneak into prisons
- Why should western culture go on
- How many courses after the 12th trade
- The world is facing drastic overpopulation
- Is there dirt in Singapore's politics
- What happens before an earthquake