How do seniors in India contribute
US study on Biontech and Moderna mRNA vaccines could also protect against Indian variant
According to a US study, experiments with the mRNA vaccines from Pfizer / Biontech and Moderna suggest that the vaccines of the two US companies also protect against the Sars-CoV-2 variant B.1.617, which is particularly rampant in India.
The immunologist at Emory University in Atlanta, Mehul Suthar, who led the research, told Nature: "These vaccines work." The results would nevertheless underscore the need to continue to monitor the response of these vaccines to Sars-CoV-2 mutations.
According to Suthar, the mutations often affect the spike protein, which the virus uses to infect cells. Because of the range of mutations that have accumulated in the spike protein, the antibodies simply would no longer work as well, the immunologist said.
Distributed in 40 countries since October
The mutation B.1.617 of the Sars-Cov-2 virus, also known as the "Indian variant", was first discovered in India in October of last year. That year it has been linked to a rapid surge in cases in several Indian states. In the meantime, B.1.617 has been found in more than 40 countries around the world.
Increased transferability of subtypes
The two subtypes B.1.617.1 and B.1.617.2 of the virus variant have been discovered more and more frequently in India in recent months. Both carry two mutations that are associated with increased transferability. The scientists want to find out whether the various forms of B.1.617 undermine the effectiveness of previous Covid-19 vaccines because of their rapid spread.
- Where can I find DJ mix sites
- Art is less valued in Singapore
- What are the most basic abdominal exercises
- What happens to abortion laws
- What do personal trainers do
- Romanians speak quickly
- What are the different types of bridges
- Which countries still have orphanages?
- Can I open my own chase bank?
- What does Narendra Modi do The Narendra Modi
- What is your rating of Montenegro
- What do Middle Easterners think of Greeks?
- Have orphans in India made reservations?
- Is it rude to be honest?
- How are Indians treated in Singapore
- What famous books have you not read yet?
- Has Donald Trump ever visited Slovenia?
- Inflation is a fundamental nature of the economy
- Which anime trap surprised you the most
- What are the best mortgage lenders
- What celebrities were born poor
- What do teachers think of shy students?
- How many nanoseconds are in a minute
- Should I have a gap year