What is broken sewer
Dam breach, the
Large areas were inundated by the dam breach
After the dam broke at a Brazilian iron ore mine (65 dead), the police arrested two employees of TÜV Süd. [Picture, 01/30/2019]
Shortly before the dam broke, the Laotian Times reported, a senior employee of the operating company allegedly wrote a letter to the authorities. One of the auxiliary dams is "unsafe and in a very dangerous condition." A warning that was obviously not heard. [Süddeutsche Zeitung, July 25, 2018]
[Meteorologist] Friedrich recalls the very similar weather situation almost exactly two years ago, when several people died in Simbach am Inn after a dam broke or Braunsbach in Baden-Württemberg was largely destroyed by an avalanche of mud and rubble. [Süddeutsche Zeitung, 04.06. 2018]
figurative The Union looks around hastily, the SPD stares to the left, and governing means for both of them to plug the dam that empties their two voter reservoirs.
Transfer event that marks the sudden collapse of something regulated, something that has been brought in (moral beliefs, law-abiding behavior, voter behavior, etc.)
with adjective attribute: a feared, threatening, general, ethical, moral dam break
as an accusative object: fear, fear, cause, signify, represent a [moral etc.] breach of a dam
In comparative word / noun group: describe something as a breach of the dam, evaluate
For the first time in the country's history, the Internet is to be censored, a breach of the dam, as the opponents of the law fear. [Süddeutsche Zeitung, 01.06.2018]
Green leader Annalena Baerbock spoke yesterday of the “breach of the dam for democracy and the rule of law” because of the AfD election successes.
Today provocations and dam breaches of all kinds are constantly taking place on social media. [Welt am Sonntag, 02/24/2019, No. 8]
The reintroduction of data retention was a breach of civil law. [Green. For sure. Frei., April 23, 2016, accessed on September 14, 2018]
This [tribune of the people] then pulled out the strongest stops and threatened his colleague with a dismissal procedure, as Tiberius Gracchus had pushed through to Octavius and thus caused the dam of the Roman constitution. [Heuss, Alfred: The Age of Revolution. In: Propylaen Weltgeschichte, Berlin: Directmedia Publ. 2000 , p. 5498]
- Rhaegar Daenerys knew
- What do teenagers want their parents to know?
- How do other INTPs understand music?
- When is SMS rude?
- Turkish girls are virgins before marriage
- What should I definitely see in Amsterdam
- Where can a teenager find a job
- How do I look for paying guest houses
- Where can I get a homemade lunch
- How can you make someone love
- What annoys you
- How can I learn Mandarin myself
- Which occupation is most enjoyable for others?
- What does hotel management include
- Is it legal to discriminate against lawyers?
- Which sport is better baseball or soccer
- What makes Chinese culture different from other cultures
- Why is GDP growth declining
- What do you expect from a relationship
- Who gets the highest paid salary?
- How are atheists treated in Norway
- Should I visit Hamburg or Munich
- How many exs do you have
- Is TRAI a power supply