What is expatriation
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Citizenship | expatriation, Plural: Assurances | vouchers
- IPA: [ˈAʊ̯sˌbʏʁɡəʁʊŋ]
- 1) Withdrawal of citizenship
- 1) Derivation of the verb expatriate with the derivative (derivative morpheme) -ung
- 1) expatriation, expatriation
- 1) Deportation, deportation, eviction
- 1) Naturalization, naturalization, nationalization
- 1) Forced citizenship
- 1) “The expatriation should of course not look like party arbitrariness, but as if the people of the GDR no longer wanted to tolerate these polluters. "
- 1) “It was the performance that led to his expatriation from the GDR. "
- Nominative: singular expatriation; Plural Expatriations
- Genitive: singular expatriation; Plural Expatriations
- Dative: singular expatriation; Plural Expatriations
- Accusative: singular expatriation; Plural Expatriations
- Swedish: 1) expatriering
- Spanish: 1) expatriación
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„The federal government should focus on a plan for expatriation agreed by jihadists.“
Frankfurter Rundschau online, March 03, 2019
„How should Germany deal with possible German IS returnees from Syria? Can Berlin refuse to allow them to return home? And is one expatriation of these nationals even an option?“
Deutsche Welle, February 22, 2019
„The opinions of SPÖ colleagues Pamela Rendi-Wagner and Hans-Peter Doskozil go into things expatriation of IS fighters once more apart.“
Today.at, March 12, 2019
„Deutschlandradio has presented a bill from the grand coalition, the one expatriation of IS fighters with dual citizenship.“
Deutschlandradio, March 1st, 2019
„This is a criminal offense under Austrian law, so the expatriation threatens if he does not quickly prove that he does not have a Turkish passport. However, it is by no means easy to provide evidence.“
Focus Online, November 23, 2018
„40 years after his expatriation The writer Milan Kundera regained his Czech citizenship from the CSSR.“
dradio.de, December 03, 2019
„Milan Kundera became world famous with 'The unbearable lightness of being'. He had the novel after his expatriation written in French exile. Now he has received Czech citizenship.“
Spiegel Online, December 3, 2019
„The photographer Nadja Klier about life in the GDR, about the expatriation as a 15-year-old together with her mother Freya and about the book that she was only able to write decades later.“
Frankfurter Rundschau, January 9th, 2020
„Prague / Paris - Paris-based writer Milan Kundera has 40 years after his expatriation regained Czech citizenship through the CSSR.“
t-online, December 03, 2019
„The European Court of Justice - as early as March - decreed that in the event of a threat expatriation a proportionality test must be carried out if this also threatens the loss of Union citizenship.“
Vienna.at, November 15, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Withdrawal of citizenship
- Withdrawal of citizenship
- Loss of Citizenship
- Forced expatriation
Another word (synonym) for expatriation - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "expatriation":
Nest polluters: "The expatriation should of course not look like party arbitrariness, but as if the people of the GDR no longer wanted to tolerate these nests."
Expatriations:… IPA: [ˈaʊ̯sˌbʏʁɡəʀʊŋən] Grammatical features: nominative plural of the noun expatriation genitive plural of the noun expatriation dative plural of ...
nationalization: ... naturalization, naturalization Opposite words: 1) denationalization, privatization 2) expatriation, denationalization, denaturalization Typical word combinations: 1) ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Expatriation" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 20, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Ausbürgerung/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term “expatriation” and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Expatriations (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Aus | bür | ge | run | gen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Auschwitz (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter), part of speech: toponym, part of speech: proper noun Hyphenation: Ausch | witz, none ...
Auschwitz-Birkenau (Polish) part of speech: noun, part of speech: proper name, hyphenation: Au | schwitz-Bir | ke | nau, no plural ...
Auschwitz lie (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular Auschwitz lie; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Auschwitz number (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular Auschwitz number; Plural Auschwitz numbers genitive: ...
Auschwitz numbers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ausch | witz | num | mern Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Auschwitz' (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Ausch | witz ’Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [ˈaʊ̯ʃvɪt͡s]…
endurance (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular perseverance; Plural - genitive: singular perseverance; ...
- What are wire transfer payments
- How to pronounce the word euouae
- What are some mainly cash-based industries
- You can use your EBT at Starbucks
- Eating Thai cheese
- What is your favorite meat and why
- Was Melania Trump treated fairly
- How to live near Cambridge MA
- Which non-alcoholic drinks have the most caffeine?
- Can you get pregnant from before you cum
- What would life be without taxes
- Who was Lebrecht Blucher Dreves
- How can we make something interesting
- What types of dentists are there
- Why can't I register for Instagram?
- Is peer-to-peer insurance feasible
- Are operations expensive or just greed of the doctors?
- How can I minimize back pain
- Why is spicy food popular in Asia
- Are university employees government employees
- How difficult is it to learn python
- What do Americans do better than Canadians?
- Which TV series has the best finale
- Is sex better with a black man
- Why should you hire a chemical engineer?
- Are green peppers fruits or vegetables
- Why do narcissists sabotage themselves
- What do Hispanics think of Speedy Gonzales
- How many dialects do the Philippines have
- How old is it to go to school
- What creepy things are around you
- What does it mean to integrate
- What are the best newspapers in Sweden