Where does Luna Lovegood live
|The article could use further revision. You can find more information on this on the discussion page.|
- „Excessive wit is man's greatest treasure.“
- - Luna to Harry[src]
Luna Lovegood (* February 13, 1981)  is a half-blooded witch and attended Hogwarts from 1992 to 1999. The Sorting Hat assigned her to House Ravenclaw, but she is also an outsider within her home. She was a member of Dumbledore's army. With her hip-length, disheveled, dirty-blonde hair, her disappearing light-blonde brows and her distant-looking, bulging eyes, Luna gives an impression that even in wizarding circles is rated as "abnormal" and crazy. Luna also wears strange jewelry such as a necklace made of butterbeer corks or plum earrings as earrings, and she sticks her wand behind her ear so that it is always close at hand. She believes in the existence of such beings as shrunken-horned snore-poop, unknown in the magical world and considered superstition. With her dreamy voice she explains the current events or the machinations of the Ministry of Magic as the consequences of underground conspiracies. She is nicknamed Luna's strange manner and charisma both inside and outside her home Loony (Abbreviation of Engl. lunatic = Crazy, weirdo) entered. She is avoided, her things are stolen and hidden, and she has no friends. Luna never lies and also speaks unpleasant truths. Despite her dreamy nature, she is very smart. Luna lives with her widowed father, who, like her late mother, shares her worldview and has certainly had a strong influence on it. The father is editor-in-chief of the magazine "Der Klitterer", a magazine known for its esoteric and absurd articles. Luna's mother had a fatal accident during one of her magic experiments. Luna's childhood home is somewhere in Devon. The area is also home to Cedric Diggory's family, as well as the Fawcetts and Weasleys.
- When it became apparent in 1995 that Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore were being publicly denied and that Hogwarts was to be brought under the control of the Ministry of Magic, Luna believed in a secret plot by the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, in which heliopaths played a role, but she still supported Harry unreservedly:
- She joins Dumbledore's army (HP V / 16).
- It mediates that Harry can publicly report in the quiver on how Lord Voldemort has returned (HP V / 25).
- She is one of those involved in the battle in the Department of Mysteries. Her unusual way of thinking turns out to be practical: she immediately goes on a thestral flight to get to the Ministry of Magic immediately. Because she can see thestrals, she helps those who cannot do so when sitting up (HP V / 33ff.).
- During the Quidditch game Gryffindor against Hufflepuff, she took over the post of stadium announcer, which Lee Jordan had for many years, on a trial basis in Harry's 6th school year. To Professor McGonagall's horror, she only marginally comments on the sporting events. Much more important to her is what hatefulness and intentions go on on the field and what is brewing in the sky (HP VI / 19).
- Luna and Neville miss the DA meetings and therefore regularly check their false Galleons for new DA messages. Luna and Neville are therefore the only DA members outside of Harry's closest circle of friends who take part in the battle at the Astronomy Tower against the Death Eaters who have invaded Hogwarts (HPVI / 28).
- In the 1997/98 school year Luna expanded the DA together with Neville and Ginny and played a key role in their resistance campaigns. (HP VII / 15)
- On her way home for the Christmas holidays, Luna is taken hostage, with whom her father is blackmailed as the editor of his magazine, which has been transformed into a protest paper. (HP VII / 21)
- In her captivity, she begins a close friendship with her fellow prisoners, especially Dean Thomas.
- A few weeks later, Dobby rescues Luna, Garrick Ollivander, and Dean Thomas from their imprisonment in the dungeon of the Malfoy family estate and brings them to Shell Cottage. (HP VII / 23)
- When Dobby dies, hit by Bellatrix's knife, she closes Dobby's eyes and thanks his funeral for bringing them all to Shell Cottage.
- Luna is one of the first to answer the call for the final battle of Hogwarts. (HP VII / 29ff) Ginevra Weasley, who does not make fun of Luna like everyone else and has friendly feelings for her, introduces Luna in Volume 5 Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, Hermione Granger and Neville Longbottom. In the course of the book, Luna becomes a member of the DA and is actively involved in the decisive fight against the Death Eaters in the ministry. Since she too lost a beloved family member through the death of her mother and therefore knows Harry's feelings after Sirius Black's death from personal experience, there is an understanding between Luna and Harry in this regard that he does not even have for Ron and Hermione. They also share the feeling of being untrustworthy and therefore outcast, since in Harry's 5th grade his credibility is questioned because he claims that Lord Voldemort has returned. Like Harry and Neville, she can see the thestrals (large skeletal horses) that pull the Hogwarts carriages. These beings can only be seen by people who have seen people die ("having seen death").
In his 6th grade, Harry invites Luna to Professor Slughorn's Christmas party. Luna is also allowed to comment on a Quidditch game (which she does in her peculiar way, i.e. with a lot of side comments about things that are not related to the game, such as the weather). In addition, she and Hermione take part in the battle for the Astronomy Tower in an indirect role by trying to monitor Severus Snape, who escapes them, however. After the fight ends, she attends Dumbledore's funeral at Neville's side.
Luna appears in the 7th volume - together with her father Xenophilius Lovegood - as a guest at Bill and Fleur's wedding and although Harry appears there disguised for security reasons, she recognizes him immediately by the expression on his face. When the Death Eaters take over Hogwarts under Snape's leadership, she and Neville and Ginny continue to lead Dumbledore's army. Eventually they try to steal the sword from Gryffindor and are caught by Snape in the process. As a punishment, the three are sent to the Forbidden Forest, which - thanks to Hagrid's supervision - apparently turns out to be a more or less cozy evening. At the beginning of the Christmas holidays, Luna is kidnapped by Death Eaters in order to blackmail her father, change the direction of the quibbler, and provide them with information about Harry Potter. Together with Garrick Ollivander - later also Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dean Thomas and the goblin Griphook - she is held in the Malfoy estate until Dobby rescues her; she is also the first to deliver the eulogy for the house-elf. In the Battle of Hogwarts, she first leads Harry into the Ravenclaw common room to show him the replica of the tiara of Rovena Ravenclaw (the last missing Horcrux) on her statue, and finally she fights Bellatrix Lestrange alongside Hermione and Ginny , but even three of them are not able to bring the Death Eater to her knees. After defeating Voldemort, she is the only one who realizes that Harry wants some privacy and helps him with a little diversion that allows him to go unnoticed with Ron and Hermione.
Luna Lovegood is a Hogwarts student one year under Harry Potter's class. She is in the same grade as Ginny Weasley, but belongs to the Ravenclaw family. Luna is the daughter of Mr Lovegood, the editor-in-chief of the gossip magazine The Quibbler. (HP5, 10)
Her mother - a very extraordinary witch - died when Luna was nine years old as a result of a failed spell (HP5, 38). Since Luna witnessed the death of her mother, Pandora Lovegood, she is one of the few Hogwarts students who can see thestrals (HP5, 10).
Luna has shaggy, waist-length, dirty blonde hair and unusually light eyebrows. Particularly noticeable are her pale, silver-gray bulging eyes, through which she always makes a slightly surprised impression - especially since she also seems to blink less than other people. She is surrounded by a "Aura of extraordinary eccentricityWhich could have something to do with the fact that she likes to stick her wand behind her ear for safe storage or wearing such strange things as a collar made of butterbeer corks or orange radishes as earrings. She seems dreamy to her classmates, sometimes a little absent and often irritating. (HP5, 10 and HP5, 13)
People she finds interesting - such as Harry Potter, whom she met on the train ride to Hogwarts in her fourth year of school - Luna stares incessantly at Luna without shyness and full of curiosity (HP5, 10).
Like her father Xenophilius Lovegood, Luna has a lot of strange views and is not afraid to share them. She has a very direct manner and says what she thinks, even if she may be left alone with her opinion. When Harry Potter was seen by many classmates as a liar and a crank in his fifth year of school because many did not believe the story of Lord Voldemort's return for him, she told him loud and clear in front of a group of fourth and fifth graders that she believed him: "I think He, whose name cannot be mentioned, is back, and I think you fought with him and got away from him."(HP5, 13) She is just as direct when it comes to expressing criticism. So she draws Harry's attention without blinking an eyelid that he is rather rude when he answers Ginny's question harshly (HP5, 32).
Many consider Luna to be slightly crazy because of her unusual nature. Her nickname is therefore "Loony" (HP5, 10).
Her classmates seem to like to play pranks on her, because at the end of the school year, Luna always puts up a list of all her missing items and hopes that her classmates will return the stolen and hidden clothes and books to her. Luna has obviously got used to it and is calm about it. When Harry Potter offers to help her search, she refuses: "Oh no. [...] No, I think I'll just go downstairs and have some dessert and wait until everything comes up ... it always ends up doing that". (HP5, 38)
Believing Lord Voldemort's return, Luna joins Dumbledore's army in her fourth year. (HP5, 18) At the end of the school year she fights the Death Eaters along with Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley and Neville Longbottom as the only non-Gryffindor student in the Department of Mysteries of the Ministry of Magic.
In the veil room in the Department of Mysteries, Luna is one of the only six students, along with Harry, who can hear voices behind the veil. On the last day of her fourth year, she approaches Harry about it. She firmly believes that the voices in this room come from the dead and that the dead were only hiding from them. She is convinced that her dead mother is also behind this veil and that one day she will see her again. Through this conversation, Luna achieves what none of Harry's friends could: The terrible feeling of sadness and despair that has plagued Harry since the incidents in the Department of Mysteries becomes easier for him. (HP5, 38)
At the beginning of her fifth year Luna meets Harry and Neville on the train. The three of them look for a free compartment together and talk again about the last school year. When Luna asks if Harry would host the DA meeting again this year, Harry says no. Neville's face is clearly marked by disappointment, while Luna dismisses everything with a sarcastic saying, which makes it clear that Luna is the meeting and the people are there were always very important. (HP6, 7)
- „I also liked the meetings [...]. It was like I had friends.“
- - Luna Lovegood on Dumbledore's army[src]
Without the DA meetings, Luna has very little to do with Harry and his friends this school year. Only once does she briefly comfort Hermione, who has quarreled with Ron Weasley and once again makes it clear that she understands how to speak unpleasant truths - like the one that Ron can sometimes be a bit rough - directly. (HP6, 15)
In the middle of the school year, she accompanies Harry to a party hosted by Professor Slughorn.
- „Nobody has ever invited me to a party like a friend!“
- - Luna to Harry, who invites her to accompany her to the slug club[src]
To the great surprise of almost the entire student body, Luna was allowed to comment on the Gryffindor game of Quidditch, whereby she was more interested in the shapes of the clouds than in the score.
At the end of the school year, when the Death Eaters invade Hogwarts, Luna is the only one of the old DA group, besides Neville, to answer Harry's call. Together with Hermione, she patrols in front of Professor Snape's office. The two girls are outwitted by Snape and cannot stop him because they help Professor Flitwick who, according to Snape, "a fit of faintness"Suffered. Probably, like Neville, she had looked at the coin again and again in the hope that there would be another meeting at some point, as the two of them miss the DA very much. (HP6 28 and HP6, 30)
- Evanna Lynch designed the jewelry and the lion mask for her role as Luna Lovegood, among other things.
- In a television interview, Rowling stated that after finishing school, Luna would become a naturalist and meet with Rolf Scamander, the grandson of Newt Scamander (the book's fictional author Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which - together with the Harry Potter- Novels - released by Scholastic Press in 2001).
- Evanna Lynch was Harry Melling and a guest at RingCon 2015.
Notes and sources
- Why did you feel worthy
- What did you ask at Quora today
- Do you agree to great moral values
- How do Americans raise their children
- What are some valuable finds of goodwill
- What's better than nothing
- Which countries do most of the Israeli Arabs come from?
- Will real estate prices fall after Brexit?
- Why do I make my mother cry
- Regret becoming a DBA
- 42 is the answer to the question
- How can I work for Lockheed Martin
- Do my parents know that I'm gay
- What are the effects of child abuse
- What do the Dutch have for breakfast
- Would you consider yourself a low life
- Can family planning pills cause a yeast infection
- How did you quit your job
- Why did you move to South Korea
- Many people in China get tattoos
- Why are my lips sticky
- How do you congratulate a pregnant woman
- Why many new entrepreneurs fail
- Make data scientists good product managers
- What is the formal sector
- Have you ever been a sugar daddy
- Is a PSU employee a civil servant?
- Can robots replace nurses in hospitals?
- Should a teenager be wearing Gucci slides
- What would Telangana be without Hyderabad
- Take Muetter sick days
- What is missing from most of the ultra-rich people
- Why should you move to Barbados