Is water still fluoridated?
Fluoride In Drinking Water: Is It Dangerous?
How harmful is fluoride in drinking water? What are the consequences for our tap water?
FLUORIDE IN DRINKING WATER - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Fluoride is a matter of course in toothpaste. In order to protect the teeth from tooth decay, most dental care products in this country are enriched with the trace element. In other countries, additional fluoride is common in tap water, for example in the USA and Ireland. But what is the situation in Germany?
The salts of hydrofluoric acid are called fluorides. Hydrofluoric acid is also known as hydrofluoric acid. As a trace element, fluoride occurs naturally in the soil and in water. Fluorides are also present in the human body; a human organism weighing 70 kilograms contains around 5 grams of fluoride. Most of this is stored in the bones and teeth. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) does not consider the trace element to be essential for humans. Because fluorides do not contribute to growth and do not have a positive effect on tooth development. A fluoride deficiency is also not known.
WHAT IMPORTANCE DOES FLUORIDE HAVE FOR THE HUMAN BODY?
The human organism does not need this trace element. However, scientists have shown that fluoride in small amounts is beneficial in preventing tooth damage. The substance repairs small damage to the tooth enamel after acidic meals and inhibits the growth of bacteria that produce acid and thus damage the tooth structure. Long-term intake of too much fluoride, on the other hand, can cause damage to the kidneys, teeth and bone substance because the substance is toxic. Small children are particularly sensitive; too high an intake of the trace element can lead to damage to the tooth enamel, known as fluorosis. Therefore, children should only use toothpaste containing fluoride when they can safely spit out and rinse out. This is one of the reasons why Germany does not use additional fluoride in drinking water.
HOW MUCH FLUORIDE IS IN THE DRINKING WATER?
In Germany, water suppliers do not use fluoride in tap water. In this country you only drink the amount of the naturally contained trace element. The Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) states that 90% of drinking water in Germany contains less than 0.3 milligrams per liter of fluoride. The German Nutrition Society recommends an intake of: • 3.1 milligrams per day for women • and 3.8 milligrams for men. These values cannot be achieved via the natural fluoride in drinking water.
HOW MUCH FLUORIDE DO EACH OF US TAKE IN?
According to the BfR (Federal Institute for Risk Assessment), consumers in Germany ingest between 0.4 and 1.5 milligrams of fluoride through their food and drinking water, depending on their individual lifestyle. Experts therefore recommend the use of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride, as well as fluoridated table salt, which is usually fortified with 250 milligrams of fluoride per kilogram, in order to improve dental health.
HOW CAN I REMOVE FLUORIDE FROM THE DRINKING WATER?
Many consumers completely reject fluoride and classify even small amounts as toxic. If you want to do without fluoride in drinking water completely, discover the LUQEL Water Station.
OTHER SIMILAR ITEMS
DRINKING WATER SUPPLY
What about the availability of drinking water? Two thirds of the earth's surface is covered with water, but only 2.5 percent of it is fresh water.LEARN MORE
The supreme discipline among the filtration processes is reverse osmosis. With their help, water is created in its purest form.LEARN MORE
- Mosaic mirrors can be integrated into lights
- Public sector salaries are falling in the US
- Who is China's number one stock trader
- How do Filipinos sound to foreigners
- What does error code 944 mean?
- How do you strengthen people
- Who are the USA's greatest enemies
- Where was the Treaty of Versailles signed
- How much do Microsoft employees earn
- What happens before an earthquake
- How should a CA market itself
- What is Ramadan Kareem
- What are the benefits of shopping in stores
- What makes a woman a feminist
- How long does a money order take
- May Colombians like the current president
- Why do I never see men cry
- What are rectal cancer symptoms
- How does it live with BPD
- What is the Howdy Modi Event
- I am 24 years old and I can get married
- Where can I meet rich people
- Which means you are a foodie
- Dry cleaning removes bed bugs
- Are married couples really happy?
- What is Madagascar famous for
- What are some alternatives to Armaf perfumes
- How are Nefertiti and Moses connected?
- What exactly does user empowerment mean?
- Does the Wicca religion have magic
- What kind of sword is the 1st
- What are you afraid of and why
- What is Tulsa OK known for
- How can human resources be improved