Receive development bootcamps developer jobs
Dev Bootcamp: Become a software developer in nine weeks
It was the best decision of his life so far, says Ken Shimizu. Not satisfied with the prospects in his job as a marketing and PR employee in a company, the 24-year-old graduate from the University of California wanted to become a software developer without having to do another multi-year degree in computer science.
Investment of $ 11,000
In his search, he came across Dev Bootcamp, a school that promises to train students to become software engineers in nine weeks. The investment of 11,000 dollars (8400 euros) has paid off for Shimizu: One week after graduation, he got a developer job in which he was paid twice as much as in his previous work.
Hands-on Dev Bootcamp is one of a new breed of computer programming school that is currently opening up in San Francisco and other US tech centers. Her recipe for success: "We focus on the demands of the job market," says Sheeref Bishay, who co-founded the facility 15 months ago. "Every single skill you learn here will be useful to you from day one on the job."
Only ten to 20 percent of applicants are accepted
The price for the intensive training courses is accordingly: between 10,000 and 15,000 dollars for the nine to twelve week courses. Not everyone is allowed to take part, only ten to 20 percent of applicants are accepted.
The term boot camp, which comes from training camps for recruits, is no coincidence. Students are expected to work 80 to 100 hours. The focus is on writing program code under the guidance of experienced software developers.
95 percent are said to have got a job as a software developer
More than two dozen such boot camps grew out of the ground across the US last year. They attract college dropouts as well as people looking for a new, more rewarding professional challenge. According to the information, Dev Bootcamp has already trained 400 students. 95 percent are said to have got a job as a software developer - with an average income of 80,000 dollars. (Kat, AP, DER STANDARD April 13, 2013)
- How do discount hotel booking sites work
- What is the formal sector
- What does symphony mean in music
- What is the tax rate
- How fast can you learn copywriting
- What is the difference between in on at
- What is urinary incontinence
- What is expatriation
- Why is John such a common name
- Little boys can get hot girls
- Which countries speak Scandinavian
- Should I play Fortnite or PUBG?
- Will AI replace human scientists?
- What is the brutal truth about scientists
- Filipinos hate communism
- Why do governments allow hyperinflation?
- What are the effects of child abuse
- Can Wing Chun be allowed in MMA
- What is the meaning of youth
- Worli is part of South Mumbai
- What offends Canadians
- Brothers in India fight over money
- Can this relationship be saved
- What makes a dentist a great dentist