Why do foreigners love dogs
Dogs - taxable and notifiable in Germany
In Germany it is compulsory to pay taxes for keeping dogs. The amount is decided by the city council and differs depending on the breed and number of dogs.
Exceptions are dogs that are admitted from the Mülheim animal shelter. These are exempt from tax for two years.
There is also a special taxation for "dangerous dogs" such as Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers and Bull Terriers. This is regulated according to the dog law of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia (LHundG NRW).
In order to clarify the taxes, you have to register your dog in writing with the city and vice versa also de-register. Dogs that are tax-registered carry a dog tag.
You can fill out the relevant forms online here and send them directly to the city:
Dogs of all breeds that are heavier than 20 kilograms or larger than 40 centimeters must also be registered with the veterinary office.
More detailed information on tax rates, payment methods and the like can be found on the Dog Tax page.
You can also contact the Communication Center on 0208 / 455-0, which will direct you to the right place.
We give you an initial overview here. For detailed questions, please send an email: send.
- Children in orphanages have surnames
- Has Hong Kong citizenship of a city
- Is turning money over legal?
- Can an adult make a child cry?
- Why is the Vietnamese currency weak
- Will future generations be over-stimulated
- What happened to Xossip
- How can I remove kerosene from clothing
- Is it weekend or weekends
- What do the French think of Portugal?
- What's the salary at Deloitte
- What are the latest novels
- What is it like to live in mainland Japan?
- Is Hinduism a threat to the world
- How much did it cost to build Singapore Airport
- Did the MeToo movement ruin America
- Strippers have sex with clients
- As a woman, I should travel alone
- Who calculates the carbon credit
- What is unique and distinctive about Russian cuisine
- What causes social awkwardness
- Why did David kill Goliath
- Who was the first king of Australia
- What is the end of life