Software development company based in the USA
The top 10 largest software manufacturers
The global software industry has long been a billion-dollar business. In 2013, for example, according to the market research and analysis company Gartner, sales in the industry rose by almost 5% to around US $ 407.3 billion (€ 304.6 billion). So it is worth taking a closer look at this branch of industry.
With Salesforce.com, a pure Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider made it into the top 10 of the largest software manufacturers for the first time in 2014. Salesforce.com no longer sells software licenses, but focuses exclusively on the rental software business.
Investors can also benefit from this trend (cloud software) by relying on the right software manufacturer early enough. These are the top 10 largest software manufacturers in the overview, according to the Forbes Global 2000 list. Two companies share one place:
9. Adobe Systems (revenue: $ 5 billion)
Adobe Systems, a US software company, made it to 10th place. This was founded in 1982 by John Warnock and Charles Geschke, the inventors of the PostScript page description language. The company now offers a variety of Creative Cloud products and employs almost 13,900 people.
8. Fiserv (sales: $ 5.3 billion)
The US company Fiserv, based in Brookfield, Wisconsin, was founded in 1984 and offers payment services as well as special software for the financial, retail and banking sectors. The company is listed in both the S&P and the NASDAQ 100 stock index.
7. Symantec (revenue: $ 5.4 billion)
California-based Symantec is a world leader in security software. The company is best known for its Norton line of antivirus software. With the takeover of the backup software specialist Veritas Software, Symantec had already risen to the top 10 of the largest software manufacturers in 2004.
6. HCL Technologies (Revenue: $ 5.9 billion)
HCL Technologies is an Indian, global IT service company that also acts as an independent software provider. HCL Technologies is one of the Fab 100 companies in Asia and is among the top 20 largest publicly traded companies in India.
5. VMware and Salesforce.com (revenue each: $ 6.7 billion)
The Californian VMware is considered the market leader for virtualization software. With VMware software products, companies can run multiple operating systems on one hardware system, which saves money. The company sees the future in the area of network virtualization and in the area of software-defined data centers.
San Francisco-based Salesforce.com is one of the fastest growing software companies around. The company is now the world's largest cloud software provider. Therefore, Salesforce.com offers its software exclusively over the Internet. The US software house was only founded in 1999 by former Oracle manager Marc Benioff.
4. SAP (revenue: $ 23.2 billion)
The German software group SAP is the market leader in the field of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and thus at the same time the largest manufacturer of business software. In the worldwide software ranking, however, it is only enough for 4th place. With the help of the in-memory database Hana and a cloud offensive, SAP wants to increase sales significantly in the coming years.
3. Oracle (revenue: $ 37.2 billion)
In 2013, Oracle succeeded in ousting the previous runner-up IBM. Oracle had strengthened itself in the past few years mainly through numerous acquisitions and now sees itself as the second largest cloud software provider behind Salesforce.com. The US software company is led by Larry Ellison, who founded Oracle in 1977. The rivalry with the German software house SAP is now legendary.
2. International Business Machines (IBM) (revenue: $ 80.8 billion)
IBM is not only the world's largest IT service provider, but also one of the largest software groups in the world. The group employs over 377,000 people worldwide. To the delight of investors, IBM has and will (still) expand its software division in the future.
1. Microsoft (revenue $ 86.6 billion)
Microsoft, based in Redmond / California, has been at the top of the top 10 largest software manufacturers for years. The company, founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1975, continues to benefit from an unbroken high demand for its Windows operating system and various Office products.
TikTok deal: Trump approves partial takeoverOracle and Walmart want to take over parts of the Chinese video portal TikTok and turn it into an American company. The US president gave his blessing to this takeover project at the weekend. > read more
- What is a cooperative
- Why don't Thai people eat with chopsticks?
- Is it necessary to create generational wealth
- What's the best new mobile bank
- Why do you have a cheese fetish
- What is Interstitial Cystitis Symptoms
- Why is Norway so bad
- How much do camboys normally earn annually
- Why should you hire a chemical engineer?
- Are electric toothbrushes safe for toddlers
- How do you behave with a customer
- What is 1 equals
- Will you treat Chinese differently
- What is the most underrated food
- How is life in Kyrgyzstan
- What are some promising alternatives for democracy
- Can scoliosis be completely remedied
- Why are doctors paid so much
- Why did you leave home
- What kind of sensual massages are there
- Ambassadors can have dual citizenship
- Is India really unsafe for girls
- How is Infor ERP
- Why is iodized salt necessary
- What men like American women
- Where should a tourist stay in London
- What are you compromising for society?
- How to say boy in Turkish
- What do guys like about relationships
- How does information get into ancestry com
- How is a scented candle made
- What are prosthetic teeth made of
- How much do industrial designers earn
- What distinguishes Cliquey people