What is a sidewalk
The word walkway in Germany describes a path that only pedestrians are allowed to use. It is also called the sidewalk. In Austria, a sidewalk does not have to run along a street. If he does, it's a sidewalk. In Switzerland you usually need the French word Trottoir for this, read: Trott-tuahr.
The sidewalk, sidewalk or sidewalk is part of the street. However, it is usually separated from this by a curb. In Switzerland it is called "curb" because it is on the edge of the sidewalk. As a demarcation there are sometimes also strips with trees, bushes or flowers. If the sidewalk is separated from the street by a curb, then the sidewalk is slightly higher than the street.
It is important for the construction of a sidewalk that it is made wide enough. So you have to make sure that two pedestrians with umbrellas or prams can walk past each other. Two wheelchair users should also get past each other easily. In addition, the sidewalk should be wider in streets with many shops, as there are more people and many restaurants put their tables on the sidewalk.
You are actually not allowed to cycle on a sidewalk. But this is different with children: Depending on the country, children up to a certain age are allowed to drive on the sidewalk or even have to do so. Adults are sometimes allowed to accompany them. This is about the safety of the children. However, the laws vary slightly from country to country.
There is a strip of green between this sidewalk and the street.
Some sidewalks have a special surface.
Paving stones used to be particularly popular.
The sidewalk in front of shops should be wider.
There are also other search results for “Walkway” from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- Would you move to another planet
- What if Britain stayed neutral during World War II?
- What is the psychology of flirting
- What if I said I know you
- How do Kaengurus survive in Australia
- Room humidifiers work as air purifiers
- AWS cloud computing has a future
- Why is the president not a lawyer?
- What makes you sick of fear
- Why are Sinhalese girls so attractive
- Who are Mongoloid
- Are Volvo cars better than German cars
- What Causes Discrimination in America and Why
- What are some important life saving tips
- Is Allah everywhere
- What's the most conservative thing ever
- How do top students see group projects
- What's the strangest way someone got pregnant
- What is the best company to trade
- What are Concrete Mixing and Vibrating
- Male conscription is a form of misandry
- What are some hidden gems in India
- Is the Raytheon Company a cash cow
- Where are the PHP jobs