What do Indonesians think of the Irish
Knowledge is the key: everything to do with Indonesia
Indonesia is tropical with its Jungles, versatile Volcanoes, dreamlike Beaches, picturesque Temples and the unique Wildlife an absolute paradise. But which facts you should know before your trip to the Land of countless islands knowledge?
Our local experts tell you: From cultural differences to the perfect packing list!
The Komodo National Park near Labuan Bajo, Indonesia
Southeast Asia, largest archipelago in the world
2.02 million km²
Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia)
6 official religions: Islam, Protestant and Catholic Church, Hinduism, Buddhism and Confianism
Indonesian rupiah (IDR) € 1 = IDR 16,600
1. Exceptional geography
View of numerous small islands in Indonesia
17,000 islands is the largest state in Southeast Asia, which extends over a length of 5,210 km. Here you can enjoy island life to the fullest!
There are 4 different archipelagos:
Great Sunda Islands
Located in the west, the islands invite you Kalimantan, Sumatra, Sulawesi and Java too exciting (animal) adventures a.
Lesser Sunda Islands
The popular islands Bali, Lombok and Flores as Subawa, Alor, Sumba and Timor are denoted by it.
West Papua & Papua
[["Greater Sunda Islands", -3.111031, 106.161455], ["Lesser Sunda Islands", -8.583775, 119.313262], ["Moluccas", -1.738061, 128.729976], ["West Papua", -2.508856, 134.498576]]
[["1. Greater Sunda Islands"], ["2. Lesser Sunda Islands"], ["3. Moluccas"], ["4. West Papua"]]
Recommendation for you
Experience small and large Sudan islands and add more islands according to your wishes!
- Visit the city & Medan's architecture
- Go in Gunung Leuser National Parkon safari
- and onMount Bromo & Ijen on an adventure hunt!
To all Indonesia Travel & Routes →
2. Language & communication
Rice farmer with his son in Indonesia
To communicate with you is usually enough English out as it is in Indonesia through tourism widespread is. A few words in Indonesian will definitely give you plus points with the locals.
Good evening Good Night
Try out your language skills on these routes
Enjoyment in Indonesia! Authentic and you can eat cheaply in so-called "Warungs". Small street bars that pamper your palate with classics like Nasi Goreng. Fans of western cuisine will find what they are looking for in Bali in particular. Be hereClean eating, detox & vegetarian dishes capitalized. You will immediately taste the freshness on your plate!
Our experts' favorite dishes:
- Sate Ayam - Chicken skewers with peanut sauce
Rijsttafel - rice with lots of delicious side dishes
Pisang Goreng - Fried bananas as a sweet finish
Local expert tip: Try delicious fruits and vegetables in Ubud Acai bowls!
Learn more about this topic:
Local people in front of a temple, Indonesia
over 80% of the population belongs to Islam at 191 million, it represents the largest Muslim following in the world. However, there are also other religions (Christianity, Buddhism, Confucianism and Hinduism) that are vary greatly from island to island.While in Bali the Hinduism predominates and the locals are very tolerant of travelers, you should be more considerate in more rural areas or on the Muslim islands (large Sudan islands).
- Pay particular attention to yours here Clothing style and cover both your shoulders and knees.
- Away from Bali, it is better to do without bikinis and go swimming in shorts and a T-shirt.
Local expert tip: Learn more about the Balinese Hinduism,his offerings and the puppet dance!
Get closer to religion in Bali
Traveler at Mount Bromo in Indonesia
Indonesia is generally considered very safe country. Nevertheless, you should carefully assess and weigh up the following situations.
In Indonesia there are always natural disasters, especially earthquake and Volcanic eruptions. Therefore, keep yourself informed about restricted areas and possible dangers via the Foreign Office and the media.
The crime rate in Indonesia is quite low, but you should do yours especially in big cities and tourist areas Keep valuables safe.
Since there are always large crowds in the big cities as well extreme demonstrations comes, we advise you to keep yourself up to date and to assess every situation carefully.
Our experts have the following tips for you:
- Keep yours Valuables in the Hotel safe and only carry small sums of cash with you
- Let Jewellery and expensive items better at home
- Keep an eye on your drink and don't leave it unattended
- Make Copies Yours main travel documents and keep them separate from the originals
- It should still be one Raid come, do no resistance - Items can be replaced
Learn more about this topic:
For Indonesia you basically need no visa. But you have to meet the following requirements:
- Your passport is still required upon entry valid for at least 6 months be
- You already have a return ticket
- You will stay in Indonesia for a maximum of 30 days
- You are in Indonesia purely for vacation purposes
Also pay attention to the comments of the Foreign Office Your country.
Travelers at the Ubud Art Market
The national currency of Indonesia is Rupiah (IDR). 1 euro corresponds to approx. 16,600 IDR. It is not absolutely necessary to change money in advance. It is easiest if you withdraw money directly from the machine at the airport. Generally are in the tourist areas ATMs widely used, but you should be in more rural areas drive, you should enough cash lead with you.
The price level in Indonesia is rather low compared to European countries:
0.5l bottle of water
approx. € 0.12
approx. € 0.50-0.70 / l
approx. € 1.00-4.00
Surfboard rental 2h
approx. € 3.00-4.00
Travelers with backpacks at the airport
You shouldn't forget these things on your trip to Indonesia:
- Yours Travel documents
- Handy luggage, preferably a larger backpack, as a suitcase is not always easy to transport from A to B.
- Light clothing including hat for the tropical climate (make sure you bring appropriate clothing to cover your shoulders and knees)
- You shouldn't open in the rainy season rain protection to forget
- Sun protection and sunglasses
- Credit card (Do not forget the emergency number if you lose your credit card)
Don't forget your yoga mat!
Do you want to make your dream of Indonesia a reality? Let yourself be by ours local experts advise and get the best Insider tips firsthand.
Tell us all of yours Travel requests, so your Indonesia adventure will definitely be unforgettable!
- Why WeDesignTrips?
- Plan your individual trip together with you local travel experts
- Benefit from the best Insider tips
- Your journey will be too 100% tailor-made
- The offer is submitted non-binding & free of charge
- travel sustainable by supporting the local population in Indonesia with your booking
- validation by WeDesignTrips as a European tour operator
- What are some of the most frequently abused visual metaphors
- Grow Bonsai Trees Miniature Bonsai Fruits
- Narcissists become jealous of their siblings
- Is Mexico really in North America?
- What are the causes of the gender
- Makes Puma good running shoes
- What can you achieve when you are unemployed
- What is urinary incontinence What causes it
- Why don't Marvel heroes age
- Where can I buy bitcoins in Singapore
- Have you ever faced a terrible situation?
- What reads
- Why do spies spy
- Why are doctors paid so much
- Which books should one read in life?
- What's your favorite victory in civilization
- Can you eat pork in Dubai?
- Is there hope for heroin addicts
- What is a gap certificate
- Why are Americans not Asians
- Should my child see PewDiePie
- How to Complain about Illegal Construction
- Most hotels have stairs
- Is an inferiority complex a mental illness
- What are the uses of emerald
- Why do people get over their obsessions?
- Can an au pair study abroad
- Why did Wayne Rogers leave MASH
- Why is distilled water not drinking water
- What do Chileans think of Miguel Grau
- How has learning changed your life
- Mahjong is experiencing a revival in popularity
- Why are Bengali to be found everywhere
- How was the performance of the Delhi government