Donald Trump suffers from depression
Racism, pandemic and Trump: Michelle Obama suffers from "mild depression"
Washington - The coronavirus pandemic, lingering racism and the administration of US President Donald Trump are badly affecting former First Lady Michelle Obama. She suffers from a "form of mild depression," says the 56-year-old in the new episode of her podcast published on Wednesday.
Not good times
"I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night because I am worried about something or because there is something difficult." Like everyone else, she experiences "emotional ups and downs" and sometimes doesn't feel like herself, said the wife of the first black US President, Barack Obama. The present times are not very edifying. "Not just because of the quarantine, but because of the racism, and just seeing this government, their hypocrisy, day after day, that's depressing."
It is also "exhausting" to watch over and over again how a black person is "dehumanized, injured, killed or falsely accused," said Michelle Obama. "That led to a heaviness that I haven't felt in my life for a long time."
The former first lady, who lived with her husband and two daughters in the White House between 2009 and 2017, however, reminded them that the USA had already survived "difficult times". "We are at an unprecedented moment in history," said Obama. "We are going through a phase that nobody has gone through in our lifetime."
Tense election year
In the 2020 election year, the USA is battered and divided as it has not for a long time. More than 157,000 people have already died in the country as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, by far the highest number in the world. The death of the African American George Floyd in a brutal police operation in late May also sparked a heated debate about racism and police violence against blacks.
Meanwhile, Trump is accused of failing to deal with Corona and deliberately heating up tensions in the country. The right-wing populist wants to be re-elected for a second term in November. (APA / AFP, 5.8.2020)
- Why am I afraid to be myself?
- Why do Americans like to eat chicken?
- How do we cook soup for breakfast
- What are some brief examples of declamation speeches
- How do you deal with selfish parents
- What can be found in the automotive industry
- What are some business ideas 4
- Do you know how to be alone
- Peaceful protesting achieves a lot
- Why is the animation process so tedious
- Protein is only found in meat
- How was the earth created 1
- What do auditors learn
- Jesus was born out of Mary's vagina
- Why are shopping malls dying
- How are new buildings measured during construction
- What are the five types of cheese
- Would Su 30 win against F 15
- What is Mokeskin in Harry Potter
- Is the world ready for cashless currency
- What is anarchy Who is an anarchist
- EY India has good SAP practice
- What is the package in BPCL
- What are the best topics for seminars
- Why is shounen anime boring
- How can I register a company
- Can we eat cooked sprouts?
- Is the CCRA course from NISM useful
- Why does SEBI Karvy prohibit broking
- What is concrete placement
- Are Israeli girls open to foreigners
- What is the best resume parsing software
- Who is the richest video game character
- Can an accountant work as a freelancer