Is baguette considered to be white bread
Baked baguette quickly and easily
Baguette: recipe and preparation
Preparation of the baguette:
- Mix the flour with the salt in a bowl, make a large kule and add the yeast piece by piece.
- Then put the sugar in the kule and pour 50ml water over it.
- Gently stir the yeast in the kule until it has dissolved well in the water.
- Cover the whole thing, for example with a kitchen towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Add the rest of the lukewarm water and knead everything thoroughly to form a dough.
- Then shape the dough into a ball and let rise again for 2 hours.
- Then knead again briefly and let rise again for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and roll out thinly into rectangles.
- Then roll it up and shape it into a baguette.
- Now place on a baking sheet and leave for half an hour.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Brush the baguettes with salted water and put them in the oven with a bowl full of water.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until they are golden brown in color.
By the way: What you didn't know about baguettes
Golden brown and crispy on the outside, soft and aromatic on the inside - this is how the perfect baguette should taste. But what about that Parisian white bread actually on yourself? We'll tell you what you didn't know about baguettes.
French baguette varieties
The French love their baguette so much that they introduced strict guidelines for making it in the mid-1990s. The baguette is considered perfect when it is in between 55 and 70 cm long is and one 6-8 cm in diameter Has. According to French tradition, baguette can only contain wheat flour, water, salt and yeast. A variety of baguette types can be conjured up from these four ingredients: Depending on the size, "flûte" (flute), which in the US is also called parisienne is called "ficelle" (thread), "bâtard" (mixed breed) or "pain" (bread), a slightly thicker baguette.
Baguette variations in other countries
- In Spain becomes a variant of the baguette Barra Called (rod). Instead of eating the white bread as a side dish, however, the Spaniards cut it open like a bun and top it with cheese and ham.
- In Vietnam is the baguette as Bánh mì known and dates back to the French colonial times. The Vietnamese sandwich combines pate and mayonnaise with coriander and fish sauce.
- In Germany the baguette is often served as croques - a snack in which the baguette is baked in the oven.
History of the baguette
Even if we la baguette irrevocably connect with France, the origin of the stick-shaped white bread is anything but clear. Although the French had long white bread before, the baguette as we know it goes back to the "Viennese bread", which was only introduced in France in 1840. So according to this theory, the baguette comes originally from Austria. Because of the cheap ingredients and a tax exemption, the baguette spread quickly across France and has now become a crispy national symbol.
(Recipe: Jan Wischnewski)
More bread recipes can be found here
- What are MRP price and LP price
- What should I never do in Monaco?
- How are women treated in Islam
- How do you think of Vietnamese
- What do the Chinese think of democracy?
- How do other countries see Nigeria
- What are the main accounting software
- Were there German conscientious objectors for reasons of conscience
- What are online sugar babies doing
- What makes good bread
- Freelance translation pays off well
- Which car can be insured very cheaply?
- How did George Custer die
- How are Brazilian friends doing
- How many landlocked countries are there in Asia
- What is the difference between teenagers and teenagers
- How does bleach work on ringworm
- How can the border dispute over Belgaum be ended
- What is national debt
- What's your best rule
- Life is a series of disappointments
- What is Roanoke Va known for
- Why is copywriting so important
- Is it worth joining NIT Srinagar
- What is love 1
- What's going on in life
- How does Donald Trump eat
- Why is Taiwan threatened by China
- Is stale bread good for everything
- What is the steepest angle for stairs
- Can Serbs understand other Slavic languages
- What Goes Wrong With Modern Dating
- What is the libertarian view of sweatshirts
- What is credit and debt