Why do actors do so much
That's how much Netflix pays - but only famous actors
US actor Ryan Reynolds received 27 million dollars for his role in the film "6 Underground". That's a sensation - especially because it was the streaming service Netflix that made this amount jump. The industry service "Variety" recently examined the actor's salary in a Hollywood fee report.
The special thing about it wasn't just the amount - 27 million is a good bit more than the fees that studios usually make for stars. For comparison: Will Smith made about $ 20 million with "Bad Boys". Something fundamental differentiates the contracts of the streaming services from the industry-standard ones. Because a film produced by Netflix runs exclusively on its own platform.
Ton Hanks even waived the fee - and still earned a lot
Films that go to the cinema are licensed to cinemas internationally. Successful productions are later bought by television stations. Each time the box office rings for actors too. But with streaming services, there are only in the rarest cases secondary exploitation. The salaries may be higher - and yet the actors might end up earning less.
More on the subject:
New series on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Sky in March 2019
An example: Tom Hanks completely waived a fee so that he could play Forrest Gump, as the entire film only had a budget of 55 million dollars. However, Hank had a contract guarantee that he would share in the profits. In the end, Hanks not only received fame and honor - but also earned $ 60 million thanks to the clever deal.
Fixed fees for streaming services - a disadvantage for young actors
At these large sums, one might think that a million more or less doesn't make much of a difference. But the salaries through license agreements do not only serve to increase the wealth of the already wealthy stars. Young actors who stand in front of the camera for a low fee for an underdog also benefit from the recycling through licenses.
At $ 27 million that may not hurt - but it does when it comes to young actors in underdog productions. For example, according to media reports, the young actors Griffin Gluck and Tyler Alvarez earned around $ 2500 per episode for the amusing mockumentary "American Vandals". Exactly how successful the series was cannot be reconstructed, as the streaming service does not disclose the audience ratings. But now there is no longer any chance that it could become even more through licenses.
By Geraldine Oetken / RND
- Can you be afraid while you are brave
- What should I know about good food
- Why does a day feel like yesterday?
- How can I make 75,000
- How is geology different from astronomy?
- Why is Ireland so safe
- What is your favorite game for PlayStation Vita
- Should Taiwan and Singapore merge
- Can a person take piano lessons online
- Have orphans in India made reservations?
- How was your life before Quora
- Are ISFPs undervalued
- Why are geological maps important
- What does an ideal society look like
- How deadly is peritonitis
- What makes a humiliating job
- How to use escalators
- Why does cat call rude
- Originally Ethiopians were white
- Why do the Chinese have no body odor?
- Which aircraft use NACA 23012
- What did Machu Picchu look like originally
- Government officials have to pay taxes
- Why are there no nandos in China?
- Why is garlic imported into Japan
- Why do you love or hate Germany?
- How are Indians treated in Singapore
- How was Jesus born according to Islam
- What does the Cuban economy depend on?
- In which industries are project managers hired?
- How do you become an Israeli diplomat
- Is the privatization of PSU BPCL encouraging
- What is a healthy work-life balance