What are good and bad carbohydrates
Try what type of diet works best for you! If you make sure that vegetables and salads become your staple foods and see good carbohydrates and, of course, high-quality sources of protein served as side dishes, then you are already on the best possible path.
For more information on healthy eating guidelines, see The 25 Rules of Healthy Eating
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Yu D et al, Dietary carbohydrates, refined grains, glycemic load, and risk of coronary heart disease in Chinese adults., American Journal of Epidemiology, 2013 Nov 15; 178 (10): 1542-9, (Dietary carbohydrates, refined grains, Glycemic Load and the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Chinese Adults)
- Greenwood DC et al, Glycemic Index, Glycemic Load, Carbohydrates, and Type 2 Diabetes - Systematic review and doseresponse meta-analysis of prospective studies, Diabetes Care, 2013 Dec; 36 (12), (glycemic index, glycemic charge, carbohydrates and type 2 diabetes systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies)
- Zuiga YL et al, Rice and noodle consumption is associated with insulin resistance and hyperglycaemia in an Asian population., The British Journal of Nutrition, 2014 Mar 28; 111 (6): 1118-28, (Rice and noodle consumption is associated with insulin resistance and Hyperglycemia associated in the Asian population)
- Lennerz BS et al, Effects of dietary glycemic index on brain regions related to reward and craving in men, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, June 26, 2013,
- Ludwig DS et al, High Glycemic Index Foods, Overeating, and Obesity, Pediatrics, Mar 1999, (High Glycemic Index Foods, Overeating, and Obesity)
- Te Morenga LA et al, Dietary sugars and cardiometabolic risk: systematic review and meta-analyzes of randomized controlled trials of the effects on blood pressure and lipids., The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2014 Jul; 100 (1): 65-79 , (Dietary sugar and cardiometabolic risk: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on effects on blood pressure and fats)
- Bray GA, Energy and fructose from beverages sweetened with sugar or high-fructose corn syrup pose a health risk for some people., Advances in Nutrition, 2013 Mar 1; 4 (2): 220-5, (Energy and fructose from beverages, eaten with sugar or high fructose corn syrup, pose a health risk to some people)
- Schulze MB et al, Sugar-sweetened beverages, weight gain, and incidence of type 2 diabetes in young and middle-aged women., JAMA, 2004 Aug 25; 292 (8): 927-34, (Sugar-sweetened drinks, weight gain and incidence of type 2 diabetes in young and middle-aged women)
- Yang Q et al, Added sugar intake and cardiovascular diseases mortality among US adults., JAMA International Medicine, 2014 Apr; 174 (4): 516-24, (Additional sugar intake and mortality from cardiovascular diseases among adults in the US)
- Dauchet L et al, Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and Risk of Coronary Heart Disease: A Meta-Analysis of Cohort Studies, The Journal of Nutrition, October 2006 vol. 136 no.10 2588-2593, (Fruit and vegetable consumption and the risk of coronary heart disease: a meta-analysis of cohort studies)
- Ford ES et al, Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and Diabetes Mellitus Incidence among U.S. Adults, Preventive Medicine, January 2001, (Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and Incidence of Diabetes Mellitus in Adults in the United States)
- Afshin A et al, Consumption of nuts and legumes and risk of incident ischemic heart disease, stroke, and diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis., The American Journal of Nutrition, 2014 Jul; 100 (1): 278-88, (Consumption of Nuts and Legumes and the Risk of Occurrence of Ischmic Heart Disease, Stroke, and Diabetes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis)
- Wu H et al, Association between dietary whole grain intake and risk of mortality: two large prospective studies in US men and women., JAMA International Medicine, 2015 Mar; 175 (3): 373-84, (Link between whole grain consumption and risk of death : Two large prospective studies in men and women in the USA)
- Aune D et al, Whole grain and refined grain consumption and the risk of type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of cohort studies., European Journal of Epidemiology, 2013 Nov; 28 (11): 845-58 , (Whole grain and refined cereal consumption and the risk of type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of cohort studies)
- Westman EC, Is dietary carbohydrate essential for human nutrition ?, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, May 2002, (Are dietary carbohydrates essential for human nutrition?)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Why am I dizzy and shivering?
- What does an international lawyer do
- What affects tides
- Can I take Ativan and CBD oil
- Santa uses GPS
- Psychopaths get nervous
- Which BTS member loves cats
- Slapping children on the face may bruise them
- What do you think of female homosexuality
- Are Brazilians originally from Portugal
- People in India eat snakes
- How do I loosen my vagina
- Why do celebrities only date other celebrities
- What do we do after the hotel management
- What do children think when they play
- What is the average IQ across nations
- Why do old people get so argumentative
- Is Usain Bolt Muslim
- What was it like to become a programmer?
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder is curable
- Is squid a tasty fish
- Can amblyopia be viewed as a disability
- Why did slavery happen
- Google sells your personal data