What does the flag of the rising sun symbolize
That the sun is that Primordial symbol par excellence is, there can hardly be any doubt about it, as all life on our planet emanates from it purely energetically. The sun therefore has a fundamentally positive cast, which heraldically expresses itself either through a ruling claim or the pursuit of freedom and happiness. A few examples should make this clear:
- China (Taiwan) uses the twelve-pointed white sun of the Kuomintang dynasty as a flag and coat of arms image.
- In France was the reign of Louis XIV (1643-1715), the "Sun King", entirely under the motto of the sun.
The other - diametrically opposite! - The sun takes on importance in the Latin American area where it is a universal symbol of freedom. In the South American coats of arms, the sun (Ecuador, Argentina, etc.) therefore vies with the Star of Freedom (Cuba, Chile, etc.), with the red freedom cap (Jacobin cap, Phrygian cap) occasionally being added as a third symbol of freedom and independence from Spain. The same is true for the Philippines, where the eight-pointed sun is specifically referred to as a symbol of freedom.
The sun is also from the international labor movement regarded as an important symbol of freedom.
J. Seiter (ibid., 53 ff.) points to the deep roots of the solar symbolism, which initially consist in the identification of light with the good, the immaterial and the divine. The light and the sun are also central symbols of the Enlightenment, signs of liberation from spiritual and material fetters. In its pictorial language, socialism initially adopted the "light of freedom" coming from above - expressed primarily by the burning torch - in order to later use the stylized "morning sun", often with slogans, as a symbol of the future. The semicircular, rising sun as a sign of hope for better conditions differs significantly from the later added sun sign, the swastika, set in the full disk: while the semicircular, rising, yellow-orange-red, still barely warming sun, whose rays thin out in the distance , with a certain modesty symbolizing the path more than the goal, more the process than its completion, the glistening white full disc with the "rotating" black sun sign expresses more the end point of a development, the achieved goal and thus its immodest, totalitarian claim to power. The rather contemplative socialist utopia of a new society that had to be shaped by oneself was thus hurled against the more dynamic National Socialist promise of an already shaped or immediately "swirling in" new order - viewed in this way is the defection of many members of the working class to the National Sociali smus can also be explained in terms of symbolic psychology: Work and bread now, not just in a bright morning ...
The sun also played in the communist sphere of influence a major role. It appeared in the Soviet coat of arms and in the great majority of the coats of arms of the former Soviet republics.
in the Soviet coat of arms the sun stepped in a kind of "heraldic overkill" - together with the globe, five-pointed star, hammer and sickle and the multilingual motto "Proletarians of all countries, unite!" - on. With this variety of symbols the claim as well as the - as we know today, futile - hope for a worldwide spread of communism should be expressed.
- What are headlines in a newspaper
- What are the facts against Donald Trump
- What is the best way to achieve loneliness
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair
- France is greener than Germany
- The CSS hover applies to higher-level elements
- Is it legal to discriminate against lawyers?
- Why do Africans move to France
- Sucks another gay man's penis
- How can i make my skin light
- Why do many Turks hate Arabs
- Where can I find DJ mix sites
- Why can't I remember what I read?
- It is difficult for parents to bond with their children
- Why do legs itch after shaving
- How can I learn about Santeria
- What did the Brexiters expect from Brexit?
- Can a horse be ridden to death
- High school education in the US is free
- Young couples should live together
- Is love meaningless
- What is a company
- Certificates are required to get a job
- How did you make money with Swagbucks
- How many seconds are there in 32 years
- Is a fetish normal
- Which surprises you again and again
- What is the point of corporate tax
- Have Buddhists persecuted atheists like Christians
- Use microwave radiation in food
- How do I become the richest man
- How many V dollars can I get
- How is the job market in Canada
- How unique is Australian culture