How do you get rid of powdery mildew
Combat and prevent powdery mildew naturally
White deposits on the top of leaves or discoloration and stains are signs of powdery mildew or downy mildew. How can the fungus be treated naturally?
Powdery mildew is a widespread fungal disease in useful and ornamental plants that occurs in more than 100 different species. Some species, such as apple powdery mildew, only affect certain plants. A general distinction is made between real and downy mildew. It is important to recognize the difference, because the two forms have different causes and are also combated differently.
The fair weather mushroom: powdery mildew
Powdery mildew is a so-called fair weather fungus, which means that it forms when it is warm and dry. It can be recognized as a wipeable, white, later dirty-brownish coating on the upper sides of the leaves and the flowers. The leaves turn brown and dry up, the flowers wither. If the infestation is severe, entire parts of the plant can die.
Powdery mildew occurs mainly on roses, asters, cucumbers, carrots and gooseberries. Infested parts of the plant must be removed and disposed of. Then a treatment with milk is recommended. To do this, mix fresh milk (preferably raw milk, not long-life milk) in a ratio of 1: 8 with water and spray the plant with it every few days. The microorganisms in milk fight the fungus effectively and naturally. They also strengthen the plant.
The bad weather mushroom: downy mildew
Downy mildew is a "bad weather fungus", it loves moisture and attacks ornamental plants as well as numerous crops such as peas, lamb's lettuce, lettuce, cabbage, radishes, radishes, black salsify, spinach, onions and grapevines. The damage pattern differs from that of powdery mildew: Both leaf sides are attacked. The white coating shows up on the underside of the leaf, and a gray or gray-purple fungal lawn usually forms there. Lightening or yellowish spots can be seen on the upper side of the leaf. The leaf dies. If the fungus is not treated, the whole plant can die.
The same applies to downy mildew: Remove infected leaves. The fungus itself can be combated naturally with various plant broths. The use of field horsetail has proven itself. It is easy to make, diluted with water and sprayed regularly on the infected plant. Alternatively, you can use a brew made from tansy or garlic. For the latter, chop four cloves of garlic and pour a liter of boiling water over them.
Avoid infestation with powdery mildew
Of course, it is best if plants are not attacked by powdery mildew in the first place. The following tips can help with prevention:
- Choose resistant varieties when replanting or sowing.
- Avoid over-fertilization, especially with nitrogen.
- Make sure that the plants are not too close and that they have enough air and sun.
- Place herbs such as basil, chervil or chives between the plants. She avoids the powdery mildew.
- Protect leaves from moisture, only water plants from below, preferably in the morning or afternoon.
- Remove weeds, as they are often infested and the fungus can spread from there.
- Strengthen plants in a targeted manner, then they are less susceptible. Horsetail brew is particularly suitable for strengthening.
- If a plant is infected, remove the affected leaves and flowers immediately and burn them or dispose of them in the household waste, under no circumstances compost!
This topic in the program:
06/21/2020 | 13:00 'O clock
- What's the best pizza hut crust
- How popular is Obama in the UK
- Arabs have African ancestry
- What kind of sword is the 1st
- Why does Melania Trump look so sad
- Original Vedas are available
- Someone famous died in 9 11
- What is the best way to overcome claustrophobia
- How is life in China 4
- What is the value of the IGNOU degree
- How did Zimbabwe deal with its hyperinflation
- What do you like about gay sex
- What is the opposite of mansplaining
- Why is genealogy important to Mormons
- Who discovered Singapore
- What exactly is a relationship
- In which country there is always night
- What's the favorite breakfast in America
- Why do people make sexuality and gender difficult
- How popular is rabbit meat in Indonesia
- How is your life after college
- What is the best affordable massager
- What technological trends led to Bell Labs
- Should Oprah run for president in 2020
- What incentives do IOI medalists offer
- What do the farmers do in the morning
- Why does a happy moment end
- What are Frances big seaports
- Which wallet does OCN support
- What is your favorite German dish?
- How profitable profitable is the platinum trading
- Do schizophrenics remember their hallucinations
- Why is my Omegle webcam not working
- Where can I get a job as a nurse