Breakfast increases blood sugar
Why You Shouldn't Have Coffee Before Breakfast!
In the morning after getting up, a cup of coffee is simply part of waking up - especially if the sleep of the previous night was rather modest. But according to a study, this combination of sleep disorders and coffee is said to have adverse effects on blood sugar.
Researchers at the University of Bath, UK, have investigated the connection between sleep disorders and certain metabolic markers, including blood sugar. They found out that insomnia alone has no effect on blood sugar. It was only the combination of insomnia and coffee before breakfast that caused the blood sugar to rise. The subjects who drank their coffee before breakfast had increased their blood sugar levels by 50 percent.
This is how the investigation went
- During the first task, the test subjects were allowed to sleep in. In the morning you should have a high-sugar, high-calorie drink that is close to the calorie density of a regular breakfast.
- In the second part, the subjects were woken up once an hour at night and kept awake for five minutes. After the night, the participants received the same drink as in the first task.
- In the last part, the subjects were woken up once an hour and kept awake for five minutes. The morning after, however, the participants first drank a black coffee, waited 30 minutes and only then had their breakfast drink.
Results remain questionable for the time being
Nevertheless, scientists and doctors see a permanently high blood sugar level as a risk of developing diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, obesity or diabetes.
- Have you ever been intentionally arrested?
- Is it necessary to outsource the bookkeeping in the business?
- Japanese men lose interest in sex
- For which material possessions are you grateful
- What do the people of Sri Lanka think of Ramayan
- Asian Americans don't like Asian immigrants
- Why did you quit couch surfing
- What's your favorite food on vacation
- 25 is the new 18
- How many cities are there in Dubai
- How do people afford UK property prices
- What does Douglas Crockford think of AngularJS
- How long does love last
- Counts listening to audio books as reading
- What are some examples of sewage
- Why should i visit Aceh
- Why do all private schools wear uniforms
- Read more Ernest Hemingway
- Why was politeness replaced by political correctness
- How is hypomania for you
- How do I cure impatience and laziness
- What were Princess Diana's qualities
- What is the 7th card in the tarot
- How is Sweden doing without cash