What does advanced infantry mean
USA - Army / Infantry - Vietnam War M1 Advanced Infantry Training Instructor Helmet Liner.
USA - Vietnam War M1 Advanced Infantry Training Instructor Helmet Liner
Nice US Vietnam War M1 Advanced Infantry Training Instructor Helmet Liner from Fort Polk Tiger Village. The badges on both sides of the helmet are decals which have rubbed off in places. Normal wear to the outside. Inside liner is in good condition. Only helmet liners were used by instructors at Tiger Village.
Fort Polk was known as the "Home of the Combat Infantryman" due to the realistic basic and combat training taught there. During the eight weeks of AIT (Advanced Infantry Training), Fort Polk had two training areas for these up-and-coming infantrymen. These soldiers would be in the field training in patrol tactics, search and destroy missions, and attacking and even protecting the Vietnamese Village known as Tiger Village.
Tiger Village was made up of many thatched huts, buildings, lookout tower, and animal pens. The villagers were NCOs (Non-Commissioned Officers) who had served in Vietnam and other combat situations during their careers. They could either be friendly or they could be Viet Cong. The soldiers had to find out which side they supported. This was a large village, and for protection, it had a large berm all the way around it. Built into this berm were bunkers for M-60 machine guns, fighting positions for individual soldiers, and planted thickly all around the berm were "punji sticks" made of sharpened bamboo, and strings of concertina wire to prevent the village from being attacked and overrun by the VC. And underground throughout the whole village were tunnels where the villagers could hide during an attack or where the enemy could hide and penetrate the village defenses.
- Vietnam War M1 Advanced Infantry Training Instructor Helmet Liner.
- Army unit
- Army / Infantry
- Original / replica
- With certificate of authenticity
- Ireland could produce all of its own food
- How bad are labor rights in Vietnam
- Pit bulls are the most abused dog
- Why should teenagers respect adults
- Which country colonized Egypt
- How can you call someone without character
- What is a flat plate
- Which is the best magazine for technology
- Why is hydropower considered renewable
- What makes good bread
- What makes your pussy wet
- Alcohol helps destroy gum bacteria
- My life sucks
- How can I read better
- Where did the Taiwanese indigenous people come from?
- Why do different people like different colors
- How did Jesus become God
- What is the mentality for active people
- What makes an adult autistic
- Will the price of gold go down in 2020?
- What's the best souvenir from Albuquerque
- What is the highest paid computer science job
- How do I become a computer programmer
- How do we cook soup for breakfast