The pollution in Delhi has been reduced
Anyone on vacation in India experiences a rush of senses - and emotions. On the one hand, travelers are amazed at the magnificent colonial buildings and modern architecture, on the other hand they are shocked by the huge slums. They love the bewitching scent of exotic spices and plants and are appalled by the stench of rubbish.
Disgusting garbage mountain in New Delhi is 65 meters high
In the big cities in particular, the waste problem literally grows over their heads. According to the United Nations, New Delhi is the dirtiest city in the world. And here is also the highest mountain of rubbish in the country.
Continue reading after the ad
The Ghazipur rubbish dump in the east of the Indian capital takes up the area of the equivalent of 40 football fields and is already 65 meters high. And the mountain keeps growing. Projections show that it could have overtaken the 73-meter-high Taj Mahal as early as 2020. This is reported by the "Economic Times" in India.
Ghazipur was opened in 1984 and already reached the limits of its capacity in 2002. Therefore, the dump should be closed. But hundreds of garbage trucks still arrive every day. According to the city administration, they dump 2,000 tons (!) Of rubbish there every day.
The mountain of rubbish not only stinks terribly, it apparently also endangers health: residents say that it is sometimes very difficult for them to breathe. Environmental activists and medical professionals warn that methane gases are being released, which are also more likely to catch fire. In addition, toxic liquids seep into the soil and get into the groundwater.
- Who were the first settlers in Jerusalem
- Which jobs use trigonometry and geometry
- How do attitudes arise
- How did personnel management come about
- Is a medical diagnosis wrong
- What do westerners like to eat?
- The dementia gets worse
- Is intimacy important in long-distance relationships
- Why are some Afghans black
- Is SwagBucks real
- Could Donald Trump fool a polygraph test
- What was your worst experience being alone
- Are Africans in Colombia
- Eat Russians in Russia potato chips
- What really pay for dirty jobs really well
- Are teenagers better than adult women
- Do I need a new company name
- Why did the MeToo movement stop
- What are the most important things you do
- Omnichannel vs Multichannel Marketing, what's the difference
- What are some major software bugs ever
- What are some good escrow payment services
- Why are most French brown-eyed?
- Is France a Latin country
- Who is a successful man or woman
- Why do western people misunderstand the Chinese?
- Why should my son wear panties
- Why is genealogy important to Mormons
- At what age do soldiers withdraw
- What are the examples of occasional abuse
- Introverts are boring people
- Your life is going downhill right now
- How do I find God's gift in me