How do I protect confidential business information
Protection of confidential information
Trade secrets, formulas, personal customer data, intellectual property - these are all extremely important data for the business, the access and use of which must be carefully thought out and regulated.
Due to the regulatory documents and categorization of data, the processing rules, the flow of information and the data storage are fine-tuned. Furthermore, the measures that are taken if these rules are violated are coordinated.
This procedure makes it possible to precisely filter out confidential data on a large scale from the transmitted information, as well as to adapt the technical means (including the DLP system) in accordance with the guidelines of the company and to prevent the loss of information by blocking the transmission process, if the security policy get hurt.
There are several ways to ensure security. However, in order to achieve the necessary result and to ensure both protection and work comfort, well-thought-out products and solutions must indeed be found.
The InfoWatch solutions enable the monitoring and analysis of data that is sent to the outside world by post, the Internet, and high-speed messaging systems, as well as information that is printed and copied to mobile data carriers.
Determination of data formats and types whose use is permitted or prohibited by users, delimitation of access rights to external devices, control of their use, traffic analysis and filtration, complete audit of the use of external information carriers, transparent data encryption when recording on mobile data carriers - all of this makes it possible to minimize the risk of losing valuable information.
More on InfoWatch techniques
If, when introducing IS systems, the blocking mode is selected for the transmission of confidential data to addresses outside the organization, this transmission is automatically interrupted.
If the system is working in monitoring mode, the IT security officer sees the loss of data immediately. He can take the necessary measures to find out the infringer and limit the negative consequences of the loss of information. A legally relevant evidence base is built up in the system, which makes it possible to conduct the investigation within the framework of the international normative-legal base of the Russian Federation. This can be an internal as well as an external investigation, with the involvement of the secret services and a trial in court.
The post-processing of standard business applications (ERP, ABS, CRM, etc.) for the fulfillment of specific tasks occurs in practically every company. What the "post-processing", "modification" and all the more an order development represents is only known to the developer.
- What prevents the developer from inserting an undocumented function ("bug") into the code?
- What damage can this code cause and what information can be accessed by attackers as a result?
The InfoWatch solutions make it possible to check the code of business applications and their post-processing, to find out their weak points and undocumented possibilities (NDM) and thus to prevent unauthorized access to the data and its loss.
The InfoWatch solutions can be easily integrated into any infrastructure of the customer and all knowledge and experience stored in the context of the project become a convenience: the customer receives an assessment, advice and the finished, smoothly functioning solution.
A breach of information confidentiality cannot be triggered by employees, but rather caused by malware or external attackers. Such actions are detected by IDS (intrusion detection system) and IPS (intrusion prevention system) systems. In order to investigate the incidents more precisely, they can be aggregated from the DLP, IDS / IPS systems and correlated with the help of the static analysis module.
Around 20% of the information in the company is structured. Most often these are found in ERP, CRM, SADV (system of automated document traffic) and accounting systems. Most of the information (80%) is not structured; it contains confidential data that must be kept secret.
Company information today:
The InfoWatch technologies make it possible to organize all of the customer's documents, to determine the categories of information, to structure them and to define confidential data in the large volume of information.
The InfoWatch concept consists of controlling the flow of information at all stages: starting with the audit (what is there and where is it), determining the flow of information (from whom to whom, which data category is being transmitted), to controlling the communication of confidential information Information using the DLP system and the data security procedures set.
- What is the social construction of reality
- What a non-offensive thing offends you
- Are the fumes from plastic garbage harmful
- How can I safely strengthen my lumbar spine
- Why do snakes eat mice
- How many methods in music education
- VIT consulting is fun
- Can fleas survive carpet cleaning
- How can we solve the problem of unemployment?
- Does someone not like Santa Claus 1
- Is infidelity in a relationship forgivable
- What is the best camera under 600
- When did people start washing their hands?
- Is medicine the only respectable career
- Typically, siblings are closer than friends
- Do you have children
- Do unmarried older people object to living alone?
- How many countries ruled Indonesia?
- Brings the seventh season of Fortnite back to life
- May the people of Obama
- Is the joker right about people
- How is life in Marietta
- What is stopping people from protesting?
- Why can't gay men marry women
- Our fate is already set
- Are humans technically carnivores or omnivores
- Grade 10 chemistry is tough
- Is Brunei bigger than Singapore
- Why does the Navy have green uniforms
- What are Amazon Marketplace Payments
- How much are SNES games worth today
- Do seniors still have earning power
- What does Ixnay on Ongsay mean
- What are some alternatives to corporate capitalism