Why is my Lenovo laptop not charging
[Solved] Lenovo laptop: battery does not charge despite mains operation
Do you see a message: Mains operation, does not charge or Will not loadafter connecting the AC adapter to your Lenovo laptop for charging? Your laptop may have a problem with its battery, power adapter, or battery driver.
Fortunately, this problem is not difficult to solve. Follow the methods below to get the cause of the error message Mains operation, does not charge determine and eliminate this problem.
Try these methods:
You don't need to do all 4 methods. Try the methods in turn until you find an effective one.
- Check the hardware
- Remove and reinsert the detachable battery
- Update your battery driver
- Update your BIOS
Method 1: check the hardware
Damaged hardware of your laptop can cause the error message Mains operation, does not charge cause. Therefore, the first thing to do is to check the cable, power adapter and battery of your laptop.
You can do this:
1) Carefully check for any damage (breakage, deformation, etc.) on these accessories. Replace the damaged hardware with a new one and test charging again.
2) Remove the battery from your laptop and connect the power adapter. If your laptop works fine with the power supply, the cable and power adapter should be perfect. If so, you can purchase a new battery and try again.
3) Clean the contacts of the battery with a dry cloth.
4) Make sure that all components are securely connected and properly installed.
If all hardware components are OK but the problem persists, please try the next method.
Method 2: remove and reinsert the detachable battery
If your laptop's battery is detachable, it is often helpful to remove it and then reinstall it. But this method only applies to a laptop with a removable battery. If the battery of your laptop is permanently installed, please take the Method 3.
1) Turn off your laptop
2) Unplug the power cord from your laptop or unplug the power adapter.
3) Remove the battery from your laptop.
4) Wait 30 seconds and then reconnect the power cable to your laptop (no battery in it) so that your laptop is directly supplied with power.
5) Start your laptop as normal.
6) Insert the battery into your laptop and see if the battery charges as expected.
Method 3: update your battery driver
An outdated or faulty battery driver can also mean that your laptop's battery cannot be charged despite the normal power supply. To solve this problem, you need to update your battery driver.
There are 2 options for updating your battery driver:
Option 1 - manual - You need sufficient computer skills and patience for this method, as you have to find the exactly correct driver online, download it and install it step by step.
Option 2 - Automatic (Recommended) - This is the quickest and easiest option. Everything is done with just a few clicks of the mouse - even if you are a novice computer user.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find correct drivers for it. You don't need to take the risk of downloading and installing the wrong driver, or worrying about making mistakes during the installation.
You can update your drivers with either theFREE- or PER- Update the version of Driver Easy. But with thePRO version do everything with youjust 2 clicks (and you get full support as a 30-day money-back guarantee).
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan now. Any problematic drivers on your PC will be detected within a minute.
3) If you have the FREE version use, click Update next to your cordless device to download its latest driver version. Then you have to install the new driver manually.
Do you already have that PRO version, you can just Refresh all click to automatically update any problematic drivers on your PC. Missing drivers can be installed at the same time.
4) Restart your PC and check if your battery can be charged without errors.
Method 4: update your BIOS
BIOS (Basic input / output system) is a non-volatile firmware that is preinstalled on the motherboard of a PC and is used to initialize the hardware during the boot process.
Outdated BIOS or incorrect settings in it can cause various problems. The problem with the laptop battery Mains operation, does not charge is one of them. It is necessary to update your BIOS in a timely manner to avoid potential problems.
Go to the Lenovo Technical Support website and find the correct BIOS update for your laptop. Follow the instructions in the wizard to update your BIOS.
After the update, you can test whether the battery of your laptop can be charged successfully.
Became the problem Mains operation, does not charge fixed on your lenovo laptop? If the problem persists, we would suggest that you contact Lenovo for support.
That's it for this topic. We hope this post has helped you. Leave your thoughts in the comment below and share your experience with us!
- Who are brown people
- What are customer service agents
- Are white women stronger than Asian men
- How was AT T founded
- How can I hide my anorexia?
- Why does my sweat smell so bad
- Did God create me
- Which applications of machine learning have not yet been researched
- How do people drink hot coffee
- Mexicans are hot
- Is a cheater a narcissist
- Which countries are interested in Mongolia
- Why do Democrats hate the US
- How can I easily influence people
- Is God God
- Can an INFJ ever see each other clearly
- Can dogs eat cockroaches?
- How can we improve our tax system?
- What makes an ideal romantic relationship
- How do I brake my Asperger s
- How long do fishing rods last
- Where can I get 70 80s computers
- What are your reincarnation stories
- What types of women make bad women