Why do people move away from freelance work
What to do if recruiters don't see freelance work as an experience?
First and foremost, make sure they understand that you've been freelancing on real, professional projects. Many people (especially large corporations) think "freelancing" is just a fancy way of saying that you created the vanity page of your mother's sister's dog and were paid $ 10 to do it. Explain the work you have done in building your business relationships. Even if you weren't registered as a company, were You're still in business. People hired you to provide a service, you (should) have filed tax documents accordingly, you played managers, project managers, employees, accountants and more, and so on. Make sure this is clear from the start.
Once you get to the point of salary negotiation, the company has decided they want you. Therefore, you have more negotiating leverage than in the interview process. Explain to them that your freelance experience is still work experience (and may not be different from the company's) and that you think you should be compensated accordingly. Often times the company is willing to work with you, but of course be ready to move away from it if you think you are undercompensated.
Notice however, that you may not get the same tariff as an employee as a freelancer. I can't speak for other countries, but in the US, freelancers can typically charge two to three times the pay of their "traditional" counterparts as freelancers have to provide for their own services (health insurance, 401,000, time off, etc.) half of the "employer's" income taxes. So make sure to consider your benefits when considering a compensation package.
- Nickelback wrote her own songs
- Is there such a thing as love
- How safe is Italy
- What do the Dutch think of Canadians
- How can I get married at 16?
- What do Americans think of New Zealand?
- How does a peacock have sex
- What do elders mean in life
- What is it like to be homeless
- How to cook crab meat
- Which myths about New Zealand disturb you
- Is a man who smokes a pipe attractive
- Why do the Scots say Ken
- What's the ugliest video game character
- How do architects come to companies
- Canadians hate Indians
- Who first believed in God?
- What is the breed of Russians
- Why are cats smarter than dogs
- Why is money based on debt
- Why don't people learn from history
- Which job pays off technically or in management?
- What are upcoming technologies in cell phones
- Is a mobile cafe in Singapore doable