How much do software developers earn
salaryThat's how much software developers earn in Germany
Software developers in Germany are pretty happy with their job. The job platform Honeypot.io, which specializes in this industry, has ranked Germany eighth of the happiest countries in its global Happiness Index 2021. Honeypot also wanted to know how IT salaries have developed in this country. To this end, the company has evaluated thousands of its data from the past five years, namely salaries offered, requested and actually paid on the platform. These are the main lessons.
- The average salary of developers at Honeypot in 2016 was around 50,000 euros per year. It has risen to 63,000 euros by the end of 2020, according to the platform. That corresponded to an increase of 26 percent.
- According to the evaluation, junior developers currently earn an average of around 53,000 euros. After eight years of professional experience, almost a third more could be asked, namely 70,000 euros.
- Honeypot attested that the industry had a comparatively low gender pay gap: "On average, female developers in Germany earn 60,000 euros and male developers 64,000 euros."
This is where developers earn the most
- The wage differences between the major German cities were particularly large for young professionals. The range was between 45,000 euros in Hamburg and 59,000 euros in Berlin. For developers with at least eight years of professional experience, the values between 68,000 euros (Hamburg) and 71,000 euros (Munich) were almost at the same level. According to the analysis, software experts in the capital are particularly well off financially: "Berlin offers developers the best price-performance ratio with high salary offers and low cost of living."
- The continuous increase in salaries was apparently not stopped by the corona pandemic. "Even in 2020, salaries went up," Honeypot noted.
Do you already know oursNewsletter "The Week"? Every Friday in your mailbox - if you want. Here you can sign up
- Does the popularity of Quora decrease or increase?
- Meditation can be a source of anxiety
- Which companies are hiring new graduates in PLC technology?
- Is hardline vegetarianism an issue in Bhutan?
- Can amblyopia be viewed as a disability
- How can I distinguish myself in craftsmanship
- Costco is open today
- How would life be without challenges
- What causes numbness in my thumb
- What are the symptoms of sepsis
- The knee stiffness will go away
- How do I classify the perfume bottle
- How is a firewall set up?
- Can a person cry underwater
- Are there crowdfunding sites in Russia
- What is tax haven
- What's wrong with being average
- There is poverty in Samoa
- Can you overdose on cheese?
- How can I never be pregnant
- For which material possessions are you grateful
- How many minutes is there in a day
- Are the people of Wisconsin friendly?
- When is offshoring ineffective?