Can Siri speak Tamil?
Change Siri's voice or language
Learn how to change the voice and language Siri uses.
On the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Go to Settings> Siri & Search.
Tap Language to change the language Siri uses for instructions and responses.
Tap Siri Voice to change the gender of the Siri voice and the dialect it will answer you in. *
To get spoken responses from Siri, tap Voice Feedback, then choose one of the following options:
- Always on: Siri speaks answers out loud, even when the ringtone is muted.
- Control with the "Ringtone" switch: When the sound is switched off, Siri's responses are also muted. You will still hear a beep when using Siri and will receive voice feedback when you use "Hey Siri" or when your device is connected to a Bluetooth device, headphones, or CarPlay.
- Hands-free only: You will only hear a beep and a spoken answer from Siri when you use "Hey Siri" or when your device is connected to a Bluetooth device, headphones or CarPlay.
On the Mac
If you have a Mac with macOS Sierra or later, choose the Apple menu ()> System Preferences, then click Siri. There you can choose from the options for the following settings:
- Language: Change the language Siri uses to answer instructions.
- Siri voice: Change the gender or dialect of Siri. *
- Narrator: Turn this on to get spoken responses from Siri. If this feature is disabled, Siri's answers will not be spoken, but will be displayed in the Siri window.
On the Apple Watch
Siri runs on your Apple Watch in the same language and voice that is set up on your iPhone. On Apple Watch Series 3 or later models, Siri can speak answers. On your Apple Watch, go to Settings> General> Siri. Under "Voice Feedback", choose from one of the following options:
- Always on: Siri always speaks answers, even when the Apple Watch is in silent mode.
- Control with silent mode: If the Apple Watch is in silent mode, Siri's responses will also remain silent.
- Headphones only: Siri only speaks responses out loud when your Apple Watch is connected to Bluetooth headphones.
If you're using an older model of Apple Watch, Siri will display responses on-screen in the form of text or pictures. Learn more about Siri on Apple Watch.
On Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
Siri speaks in the language you set on Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD. To change the Siri language, go to Settings> General> Siri, then choose Language.
When used on Apple TV, Siri does not speak answers, but rather displays them on the screen.
Learn more about Siri on Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD.
- Is Jiffy Lube a rip off
- What do Americans think of French culture?
- What is the most profitable way of trading
- Why is the animation process so tedious
- How are currencies traded
- What percentage of the starts fail
- Why do some startups never go public?
- How do you feel after your operation
- Why does Jesus love me
- Who did the Prophet Muhammad kill?
- Are women with tattoos sexy?
- Is bed-wetting as an adult bad
- Why is GDP growth declining
- What do you dislike about British culture
- Contains Coca Cola alcohol
- What is polish traditional clothing
- Is a vote for Trump racist
- Which factors determine prosperity?
- What prevents rotten teeth
- Programming improves cognitive skills
- Feel babies love
- How do I avoid eating cheese
- What are emergency lies